Feeling sick after sweep today

(7 Posts)
lollyp16 Fri 27-May-16 23:24:59

Please anyone with an advice, am 38weeks today, I had a sweep today after the sweep was having like period pain, cramp,uncomfortable, I can't get myself to sleep...am feeling sick now, please can anyone advice what to do is the anything I can take to relax, feeling tired but I can't sleep. Urgent help please

makingmiracles Fri 27-May-16 23:48:50

Warm bath and some paracetamol?

Is there a reason they gave you a sweep at 38weeks? I would think at 38wks it's unlikely to work, did they say how your cervix felt?

lollyp16 Sat 28-May-16 00:19:12

Yes because of spd and anxiety, the mw said my cervix is 1cm dilated something medium consistency posterior(I don't understand)what it meant...have tried taken paracetamol now.

Munchkin08 Sat 28-May-16 00:35:57

I had a sweep with two of my pregnancies and gave birth both times 24 hours after X

BotanicalPJs Sat 28-May-16 00:37:30

Wishing you all the best

FoxgloveStar Sat 28-May-16 00:37:55

I felt pretty weird/nauseous after my sweep on Thursday. Have you eaten some food? Sugar? No labour yet for me, second sweep tomorrow...

lollyp16 Sat 28-May-16 01:07:31

Having eaten some sacks around 7pm...just feeling awful, period pain not getting any sleep...am having induction next week I pray everything get better soon. I hope it normal, @foxyglove all d best soon.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now