Questions to ask on a hospital tour?

(3 Posts)
LillianFullStop Thu 26-May-16 22:45:03

I have two hospital tours (one private and one NHS) coming up and would like some advice on questions or things I should be looking out for? Things I have in mind:

- Can my partner stay overnight?
- Reasons why would require a longer stay in post natal ward (I would really love to be able to go home after 1-2 days!)
- How many beds to a ward
- policy with bringing food in (I've read during labour to bring food with you as you never know how long you'll be there for and what food options are available!)
- Post natal ward care - how often do midwives check on you in postnatal ward or do they only come when you buzz?
- Private hospital (what are the additional costs not covered in package)

BaskingTrout Fri 27-May-16 13:45:53

ask what hospital policy is on things like nappies, formula etc. do they provide them? do you need to bring your own? TBH whatever they say, I would bring some anyway, even if you're planning on BF its probably worth having some little bottles of ready made formula as a back up. and you can go through an awful lot of nappies very quickly!!!

they will probably tell you about parking but if they don't, check if there is a drop off point/short stay area for getting you there. at my hospital there was a section of 20 minute parking spaces right outside so you didn't have to trek across the car park. total godsend!!

LillianFullStop Fri 27-May-16 15:58:25

Thanks Basking I'll definitely add those questions to my list!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now