Talk

Advanced search

Urethra/bladder damage after catheter!?

(3 Posts)
thumb3lina Tue 26-Apr-16 08:37:48

I had an emergency c-section 4 1/2 months ago. When i had the catheter put in, it was the most painful part by far, is that normal?

Since then, it hurts to wee but it doesn't feel like a UTI. I also have problems actually emptying my bladder. I have to relax for any wee to come out and sometimes it just stops and i know i haven't finished yet as it gives me a tummy ache but i have to wait 1/2 an hour and try again.

Has anyone had this before? I told my doctor at my 1 week check but he said it was probably just still a bit sore from the catheter and would go soon, but it hasn't. I didn't mention it at my 6 week check because i just wanted to get out of there although i know i should have. I really don't want to go back, DH is trying to get me to make an appointment but the thought of it makes me feel sick so we've made a compromise that i'll post here to see if anyone else has had it.

RainbowCake Tue 26-Apr-16 09:02:48

It doesn't sound normal to me, last year I had to have 2 catheters within 2 days of each other due to going into urine retention caused by a fibroid. The second one I came home with and had in for a fortnight (had a little tap rather than a bag-so glamorous!)
Mine never hurt at any stage at all, in fact I was never really aware of them at all.
I would certainly go back to your GP.

It's rubbish you are having to go through this when you should be enjoying your little one.

stitch10yearson Tue 26-Apr-16 09:08:30

you need to get it checked. Its not the usual way things are supposed to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now