Advanced search

How do you insist on seeing a different consultant?

(3 Posts)
Moulesvinrouge1 Fri 15-Apr-16 13:07:12

Hi all. After a horrendous first birth I had an appointment with a consultant who basically told me I was overreacting and his manner was very 'don't be such a silly girl...' I'm 25 weeks. How do I get to see a different one? Also he's booked me in already for another appointment at 36 weeks - I feel I can't wait that long to have a sensible discussion!!! Thanks in advance

untinctured Fri 15-Apr-16 13:14:59

I would make a complaint to the hospital PALS team. Set out what your concerns are, that you weren't listened to or respected during the appointment and that you would like an appointment with someone else.

It may be worth adding in the relevant bits of NICE guidance etc.

WellErrr Fri 15-Apr-16 13:21:05

I had this with my second. I wanted a vbac and was basically told I was taking a foolish risk. I wasn't.

I got straight in touch with my community midwife and asked to see another consultant ASAP. She sorted it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now