Swollen tummy after c section

(6 Posts)
milkyman Wed 13-Apr-16 04:10:05

My tummy is still looking hard and pregnant - guessing uterus has contracted yet. Any idea when?

DropYourSword Wed 13-Apr-16 04:45:47

It doesn't go down immediately whether you've had a vaginal birth or caesarean. Takes time to go back to normal. You'll notice the difference in a week or so. Remember it took 9 months to get to that point!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 13-Apr-16 05:25:46

What drop said. How long ago was the section?

BillBrysonsBeard Fri 15-Apr-16 08:03:54

Mine started going down after 3 weeks but was still pregnant looking 4 months later. Nothing to do with weight as that had returned to normal. It took a good while for it to go flat again!

Lifeonthefarm Sun 17-Apr-16 20:13:27

I am 2.5 weeks post section and it's looking about 5/6 months preg now. Stretch marks just started to calm a little too although still look like I've been savaged by a tiger.

My friend is 2.5 months post c section and she is almost flat stomach again but she didn't put on as much as me during pregnancy, thanks to her gestational diabetes and me being a greedy fatty!

BettyBi0 Wed 20-Apr-16 10:50:10

Mine started to go back to normal slowly around 5 or 6 weeks after c section. Until then I still looked at least 5 months pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now