Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bikini removal cream before csection - is this ok?

(7 Posts)
milkyman Sat 09-Apr-16 18:55:21

Just wondering if best to let them shave?

BaskingTrout Sun 10-Apr-16 12:59:32

I'm not sure because I've never used the cream, I guess you don't want sensitive skin going in to a CS but at the same time, i had an emcs and they shaved me with what looked like some bloke's hair clippers. the regrowth around my already sensitive scar area was pretty uncomfortable.

I certainly wouldn't bother doing hair removal just for the sake of being tidy, the midwives won't care. but i do wish i had removed the hair where they made the incision.

BaskingTrout Sun 10-Apr-16 13:03:45

posted too soon, i meant to say, maybe it would be best to use the cream as far in advance of the CS as you can, to give it time to settle down (I'm assuming you are booked for an ELCS?)

RedToothBrush Sun 10-Apr-16 15:29:34

The info I had before mine said not to for at least a week before.

The issue is hair regrowth around the scar so they advise you not to.

It would have been helpful to have received this information a week before instead of the two days before I got it....

BettyBi0 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:16:02

I was told to clipper all the hair v short but not a completely clean shave. They don't want to accidentally give you in growing hairs inside any stitched areas.

I'm a total yeti quite hairy so was dreading being hairy with all the yucky lochia and maternity pads. So I did a full Veet the week before the ELCS and then re-clippered the front section the day of the ELCS.

Just to warn you, your skin may be waaaaaay more sensitive when using hair removal creams when pregnant. Mine had been fine on the other times but went v v red for 48 hours post removal when preggo.

Lifeonthefarm Sun 17-Apr-16 20:55:14

It could depend on your hospital as I was told not to shave wax etc for two weeks as they do it in there.

Ellypoo Sun 17-Apr-16 21:23:34

I had a wax a week before and it was great as the regrow only really started once the scar had started to heal. Always best to do it yourself before if poss, a friend was treated to a dry bic razor job - the itchy regrowth really didn't help recovery!!
Also, iirc the sticky pad bandage thing would have hurt when the MW removed it so much more if they had put it over any hair!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now