Talk

Advanced search

37weeks - Throbbing/Pulsating pain in my back??

(3 Posts)
natalieboston Fri 01-Apr-16 17:57:48

I'm 37+4 with my 2nd child - I had an emergency c-sec with my last & never experienced labour (not a single contraction!) Anyway after being refused an elective c-sec this time I've finally come to terms with having a natural birth - but I feel a little clueless on what to expect!

Anyway, this morning I had a midwife come round (routine BP & Urine check) all was perfect & little miss still hasn't engaged, in fact her head has come out of my pelvis (again!) Around an hr after she left I started having these strange pulsating/throbbing pains in my lower back - that travel up my spine toward my neck then stop...& start again, there's no 'regular' pattern for them & its not that painful (definitely not what I'd expect a contraction to feel like), but it sometimes takes my breath away for a moment!

I'm not worried, so I don't want to go ringing the hospital or anything, i'm just curious as to if anyone else has experienced this??
Or know what it could mean?

Personally, I think little miss knows it's April 1st & wants to play games hehe!

Thankyou smileflowers

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 01-Apr-16 18:04:08

Sometimes you get these sort of pains when the baby moves right down into your pelvis ready for labour. I noticed them with my 2nd son. I'm no doctor though, it might be a trapped nerve, or if it progresses in intensity, and is on and off then may be early labour. Good luck with it. Hot bath or hot water bottle is my cure all for aches and pains.

Chattymummyhere Fri 08-Apr-16 18:51:11

I had this a lot at the end of pregnancy more so when I went from standing to sitting, I still get it sometimes now since I've given birth but I have a slightly over curved spine so put it down to all the extra weight from baby and then my centre of gravity retuning post birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now