Talk

Advanced search

Failure to progress in labour

(7 Posts)
Sunshine87 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:09:29

I'm 4 days overdue I've been getting pains on and off and begin to intensify but then go off. I went 4days over with DD. These pains have been going on well over a week and half. I've tried everything to encourage labour to progress hot currys,birthing ball,sex, walking, expressing milk,warm baths.I'm getting worried baby is beginning to get distressed he hasn't been as active lately as he previously has been. After a lot of nudges today he's moves abit. I feel like a failure as I don't seem to be progressing like I did with my DD. I'm convinced my waters went but checked twice and they don't think they have. My waters went unknowly with my DD are during labour she became distressed and pooed. She was monitored and my labour was sped up. I'm due a sweep on Friday.

LaceyLee Tue 29-Mar-16 19:10:55

Get yourself checked by midwives if you're worried about movements. They may be able to give advice about progressing also.

MinnieMalloy Tue 29-Mar-16 19:11:59

I can totally understand that you're feeling impatient and maybe a bit panicky, but this isn't 'failure to progress'. You're only 4 days overdue! The sweep on Friday may well get things going.

The only thing I would say is that if you've noticed reduced movements, go and get this checked out asap.

Sunshine87 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:24:53

When I rung them they didn't seem concerned about the lack of movements. I think I'm worried because the pains have been on and off for so long.

AveEldon Tue 29-Mar-16 19:32:27

You definitely need to get the reduced movements checked

Annabrooke90 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:21:22

R.e the on and off pains, that is very normal and early stage especially in subsequents can take weeks. My on and off labours went on for 5 weeks with all the rest of the glory with ds2,3&4. It's not nice, it's frustrating but the end is in sight for you now. About movement though definitely get that checked out.

Ughnotagain Tue 29-Mar-16 22:26:42

Get the reduced movements checked out, absolutely.

But - sorry to say - on/off pains can be quite normal. I hope things speed up for you soon. But that in itself isn't necessarily a concern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now