Talk

Advanced search

Post partum Hemmorrhage...recovery after 2 years

(5 Posts)
Arnin Fri 25-Mar-16 16:07:13

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there has had a PPH a couple years ago that feels the same as me.....
My daughter was born 2 years ago and after having a PPH with her, taking iron supplements, etc after many months being able to regain most normal daily routines, (and more to recover emotionally) but now even after 2 years I just don't feel like I've totally gained all my energy back like I used to have. Yes I have two children who require energy all day, but I just don't think that I have fully recovered all my energy two years on. I'm usually tired and low energy/ quite lethargic; never feel like I've got enough sleep and on the rare occasion I feel I did get a good sleep, It doesn't feel like I'm as energetic as I used to be. I try to eat well (not a veg) I'm not depressed or a hypochondriac, just concerned that I'm not doing something that I should ??
Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on increasing energy levels?
Many thanks

TheTempest Fri 25-Mar-16 18:48:22

Hi, I had a PPH 6 1/2 years ago after the birth of my DD. I feel exactly the same tbh, like some of my previous energy was taken. 2 years of non sleeping baby didn't help much either!

I feel much better nowadays although my body has been affected by the trauma, and that is through stopping smoking, taking iron tablets and Vitamin D and starting to exercise outside! Have you seen your GP?

FellOutOfBedTwice Fri 25-Mar-16 18:58:52

Did you have a transfusion? I had a PPH and lost 4L of blood and was very ill. Had a 4 unit transfusion and felt like a new person- had so much energy, more than pre DD. This lasted about six months and then I became very anemic again. I take iron (started again after I started to lose energy six months on) but never felt as perky as after the transfusion. I wonder now if I should have taken iron straight away afterwards and continued.

Dorisdolalee Fri 25-Mar-16 19:01:45

I felt terrible after a pph with no 2. But I also had a thyroid issue - egg has since reverted. But just a thought if you are feeling v low on energy

Dorisdolalee Fri 25-Mar-16 19:02:28

Which not egg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now