Talk

Advanced search

did your babies movements slow down before labour?

(10 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Tue 22-Mar-16 21:02:25

Baby number four so you'd think I'd remember but I don't think mine did much? It all happened so fast.

Two weeks away from due date and this baby is still incredibly active, takes my breath away, my tummy pokes out in triangle shaped, limbs everywhere, bottom up in my ribs. Makes me feel sea sick! And when it sets off into. Braxton I can feel the head pushing, (2/5palpable)

I'm getting the lightening pains too!

Dixiechick17 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:20:12

I noticed that the movements were mpre extreme the bigger my DD got, so my bump woud go into different shapes. Any changed in movement though, you should go into be assessed. It's a myth that it slows down towards the end.

vichill Tue 22-Mar-16 22:29:31

I noticed quite a decrease in the last few weeks but I feel uncomfortable sharing this info just in case. Trust your instincts and don't be embarrassed about going to mau if you feel anxious.

TwoLittleBlooms Tue 22-Mar-16 22:31:40

Babies don't slow down before birth , any changes in movement (either reduced or increased) should be checked. If it is not normal for you and your baby then it needs checking out sooner rather than later.

Dizzylizzie29 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:39:14

Any change in movement please seek advice from a professional.
X

ICJump Tue 22-Mar-16 23:25:49

No change in movement. If there is a decrease please see your midwife.

Junosmum Tue 22-Mar-16 23:28:46

No changes at all. But once in labour I didn't notice any movement at all, though I should have. Nothing was wrong I just couldn't focus on anything but the pain.

1frenchfoodie Thu 31-Mar-16 15:11:34

No changes at all for me, movements felt same and were more evident from the outside. Like juno I barely noticed movements during labour - just too much else to concentrate on I think.

DillyDingDillyDong Thu 31-Mar-16 15:23:20

Movements shouldn't slow down. There is a brilliant charity called Count the Kicks who try their hardest to get this message out there. Thanks to them so many parents have gone to hospital with reduced movements and had their babies' lives saved.

This happened with DS, he stopped moving a week before his due date and I ended up getting induced when I went to the hospital. There was a knot in the chord and he was tangled up so it was a good job I went in and didn't listen to everyone telling me reduced movements are normal because they run out of room!

soontobemrslizzy Thu 31-Mar-16 15:54:25

I did have a reduction in movement when I went into labour, which turned out to be because she was undiagnosed breech and had the cord around her neck twice. We phoned in though because they aren't supposed to slow down and got told to come in - if we hadn't, she could have been in trouble because no one had any idea she was breech and we didn't know about the cord until she was born. So in short, if it does slow down, please get checked out. I felt a little silly going in but we arrived at 9:45 am and I was holding my baby at 2:45 (and even that delay was only because we were waiting for the operating theatre to be free, they had her diagnosed and me prepped for surgery by 10:15).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now