Talk

Advanced search

Induction today

(7 Posts)
RayofFuckingSunshine Wed 16-Mar-16 06:45:22

I would like a handhold please, and potentially talking down from the ceiling.

40 weeks today with DD2, induction booked for 9am due to horrendous SPD which has seen me on crutches since 20 weeks. They offered to induce last week but I decided to martyr myself a bit and drag on another week just to see if she popped out on her own due to horrific anxiety (previous birth trauma). I thought I'd prepared mentally for today, woke up at 5am looking like 'a rabbit caught in headlights' according to DH. Real comfort!

Tell me it'll be fine? And that I'll go in, pop her out and be home in time for tea?

TattieHowkerz Wed 16-Mar-16 06:50:27

It will be fine. Soon you'll have a lovely baby to cuddle!

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 16-Mar-16 06:53:30

You will be fine.

Your beautiful baby will be with you soon.

curlywurly82 Wed 16-Mar-16 06:56:00

You will be fine.

I've been induced twice and they were both positive experiences.

Your lovely new baby will be here soonthanks

rosettesforjill Wed 16-Mar-16 10:15:59

I was induced with my son and I'll be honest, it wasn't amazing, baby came out with full APGAR scores, I wasn't traumatised, I recovered really quickly and was walking around as soon as all the drugs had worn off. So even though it wasn't the best experience everything was fine in the end and you will be too. Best of luck!

RayofFuckingSunshine Wed 16-Mar-16 13:35:22

Thanks all. I had the first Prostin pessary this morning at about 11 as my cervix was relatively posterior so they couldn't break my waters, no change so far except a few cramps. I'm slightly more relaxed now I am in here, suspect the run up was probably worse than the actual being here - helps that the staff on the induction ward are lovely!

rosettesforjill Wed 16-Mar-16 16:32:16

Good luck! Hope all is progressing smoothly for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now