What to expect at consultant appointment

(3 Posts)
Supercalafraga Fri 11-Mar-16 13:55:15

I have been referred to see a consultant by my midwife.... mainly down the fact I had pre-eclampsia in my previous pregnancy, had to be induced and landed up with a crash section after a reaction to an epidural. I told my midwife at booking in that the birth resulted in anxiety for about a year afterwards that I was unable to speak to anyone about. I have said from the get-go that I would like an elective section with this pregnancy, as I know I wont be able to cope (mostly mentally) with having to labour tied up to machines and would be terrified to have an epidural again after last time.

What should I expect for my first appointment with the consultant?

wonkylegs Fri 11-Mar-16 14:12:26

There is no set format for consultant appointments and they wil depend on what they are seeing you for and what stageof pregnancy you are at. I saw my consultant before I was even pregnant and then again at 10wks where my c-section was confirmed but that a because I have pre-existing medical condition + tricky birth history.
If you have specific issues or questions it might be worth writing them down before you go so you don't forget them. You might want to take your dP, friend or relative so that you take everything in and have some moral support.

Supercalafraga Fri 11-Mar-16 14:38:32

thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now