Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Think it's starting do I time length of contractions or space between?

(5 Posts)
BumpPower Fri 11-Mar-16 12:24:06

All gearing up I think! I'm 39+5 with my second. Feels different this time but I wonder if that's because my memories of labour rather central around the unbearable pain in the last few hours rather than the ramping up stage. I woke frequently in the night with bad period type pain. Having waves of pain although it's more top of the bump than the deep internal pain I remember from last time. Bump is rock hard. I've been sick (did this in labour last time). I feel like it's early days ish but it's happening. Waves of pain (not quite confident enough to say contractions) come every 20mins ish but it varies. Should I start timing the length of them or the space in-between? (need something to do)

puddock Fri 11-Mar-16 12:26:40

IIRC the time intervals are from the start of one contraction to the start of the next, not the duration of the lulls in between.

BumpPower Fri 11-Mar-16 15:12:30

Thanks

ImperialBlether Fri 11-Mar-16 15:18:50

Best of luck!

Junosmum Fri 11-Mar-16 16:45:48

When I went in to labour, they wanted to know the duration of each contraction (start to end) AND the space in between. E.G. I was having contraction 5 mins apart and lasting 30 seconds, or I had 3 in 10 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now