Baby staying put

(17 Posts)
CommanderShepherd Sun 06-Mar-16 11:23:08

I'm currently 40+2. Had a sweep on Friday. I am 1cm dialated, 2cm cervix but feeling absolutely nothing ref labour, no waters no show. I really wanted a water birth but I think I'm going to end up with an induction. This baby is staying put I just know it. Sorry, feeling sorry for myself

okavango Sun 06-Mar-16 13:47:00

I'm the same dates exactly! They couldn't even reach my cervix during the scan and I'm feeling just as sorry for myself so you are not the only one. Currently sat on the yoga ball watching the tennis hoping to get it moving asap.

1frenchfoodie Sun 06-Mar-16 14:48:38

commander at what point will they induce? I am 40wks and no signs as yet but they don't induce until 40+12 here so I am hopeful I'll have a chance o go into labour naturally. Have to weigh up when to try a sweep though.

CommanderShepherd Sun 06-Mar-16 15:56:17

I've got another appointment booked on Friday, midwife will do another sweep and talk about induction then, my bishop score was a 4. I think that means it's not very favourable. Had a big walk today so hopefully something will happen

Flisspaps Sun 06-Mar-16 16:05:42

Babies come when they are ready. Any time between 37 and 42 weeks is normal - so at 40+2 there's plenty of time for spontaneous labour yet.

It's up to you to agree to induction after weighing up the risks and benefits. If you want a water birth, then there's no need to rule that out just yet.

CommanderShepherd Sun 06-Mar-16 19:26:29

I'll have a look online about the pros/cons for induction. Its just the lack of any signs of labour that makes me think I'll end up at 42 weeks

MacTaylorsSecretWife Sun 06-Mar-16 19:31:41

I was exactly the same, had 3 sweeps after 40 weeks and no signs of labour at all until an hour before ds was born. There is hope that things will happen naturally.

You have my sympathy though as those days after 40 weeks are awful at the time.

MacTaylorsSecretWife Sun 06-Mar-16 19:32:15

Oh and he was born at 41 weeks in the end.

CommanderShepherd Sun 06-Mar-16 20:24:21

And I've just lost the mucus plug. No blood in it though. Should I avoid sex now?

Loiterer Sun 06-Mar-16 20:46:30

I was 40+4 when I woke up with contractions, baby was born 24 hours later, I had the water birth I wanted.

Absolutely no signs of labour up until that point, not even any BH's.

The night before we did go for a long walk though, and then had some very uncomfortable sexy time blush I don't know if that's what did it but worth a try?

Loiterer Sun 06-Mar-16 20:47:26

Xpost sorry. Not sure about mucus plug.

Fourormore Sun 06-Mar-16 20:48:49

No, no need to avoid sex. Have lots of sex.

I was 40+13 with my last baby. Completely gave up hope and was convinced I'd need inducing. Sent DH off to work at 7.30am with no signs, she was born before lunch!

CommanderShepherd Sun 06-Mar-16 21:00:55

Lol we had the uncomfortable sexy time this morning and a walk yesterday and today. I really do hope this is the start of it.

1frenchfoodie Wed 09-Mar-16 14:53:17

Any update commander ? I am booked for sweep at 40+9, very much hope I don't need it.

CommanderShepherd Wed 09-Mar-16 16:42:05

Baby's still hanging in there. I've got 2nd sweep on Friday. Maybe a hot curry?

Mrscog Wed 09-Mar-16 16:50:54

Ooh no I always cringe at the hot curry advice. Given that most people poo themselves during labour - do you really want it to be a stinky curry poo?!

Keep going with all the sex, and maybe a bit of nipple tweaking.

CommanderShepherd Wed 09-Mar-16 16:58:55

grin maybe not then lmao! The mucus plug is well and truly gone now, took 3 days confused I keep hoping for my waters to go like in the movies, but apparently this doesn't happen too much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now