Talk

Advanced search

Arnica for C Section?

(6 Posts)
Impatientwino Fri 04-Mar-16 07:33:40

MIL has given me some arnica pills for my section - early next week.

I found my last section hard to recover from and open to anything that might help but is it a bit... Woo?

Has anyone taken them before/after? Wondering when you start taking them?

OhShutUpThomas Fri 04-Mar-16 07:35:14

Take them, but for goodness sakes PLEASE take all the proper stuff too.

Good luck with it.

Impatientwino Fri 04-Mar-16 07:39:35

Oh god yes, last time I nearly cried when they said I couldn't take any oramorph home!

Cerseirys Fri 04-Mar-16 07:48:14

I didn't have a CS but I did take arnica tablets for a week or so after I gave birth. I recovered fairly quickly, whether arnica was partly responsible I'll never know, but it won't do any harm to take them. It's not like you're going to be taking only them and no other painkillers. They aren't a painkiller anyway, but are supposed to help reduce bruising.

Impatientwino Fri 04-Mar-16 08:22:38

Yes, MIL said they promote healing so wondered if they might help with that, I know they're not a painkiller. I suppose there's no real way of knowing if they help or not is there?!

kiki22 Fri 04-Mar-16 17:42:53

I had them after a ds I had lots of internal bruising from ds being stuck and forceps I could hardly sit down or stand I was so sore the midwife recommended them and within 2 days I felt so much better. I'll be taking them with my section this time. I use the cream for bruising its amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now