help me !!! stuck on toilet

(27 Posts)
hazellnut56 Mon 22-Feb-16 03:00:02

Morning all !
I'm 39 + 5 and had something similar yesterday. I had the constant need to wee (not frequent I've done that! Constant!!) to the point that I was uncomfortable to sit/lean/lie anywhere else but the loo (obvs not the most comfy!) this was between 4:30-6 when I got concerned and rung triage thinking its a UTI. On going in there was absolutely no UTI just the positioning of the baby's head and actually it was more bearable after a stint on the monitor (that found me to be having very mild contractions-nothing to write home about!)
ANYWAY ! It's 3:00 now, I've been stuck on the loo on and off since 2:30 and don't feel I can keep this up all night has anyone else had this in early labour, any tips on how to get comfy off the loo most generously received ! Thanks !!!!

Jenijena Mon 22-Feb-16 03:02:27

Have you got pads? Can you put one on in case you do leak? Bouncing ball or, failing that, a stack of pillows/cushions to sit on?

amysmummy12345 Mon 22-Feb-16 03:04:57

Could you get on all fours to relieve some pressure?

hazellnut56 Mon 22-Feb-16 03:09:57

Thanks guys! Currently leant over bed but constant urge to squat.. Got pad on just in case ! But still very uncomfortable xx

icklekid Mon 22-Feb-16 03:10:31

Oh gosh I had this with a urine infection and ended up sleeping with duvet on bathroom floor feeling sorry for myself. Hope full on labour starts soon so that this ends!

hazellnut56 Mon 22-Feb-16 03:15:07

A duvet had crossed my mind !! It feels exactly like a urine infection but definitely not as was tested yesterday sadBack on toilet, I hope things start soon !

TerrorAustralis Mon 22-Feb-16 03:41:27

OP I've got the feeling you might actually be in labour. I know you said your contractions were mild, but if I were you I'd contact the maternity unit to ask their opinion.

hazellnut56 Mon 22-Feb-16 03:44:56

I thought it might be too, I'll give them a buzz!! Thank you smile

TerrorAustralis Mon 22-Feb-16 03:48:37

Keep us posted!

jellyjiggles Mon 22-Feb-16 03:49:30

You sure your not in labour?! Urge to squat sounds very familiar!

thelastwingedthing Mon 22-Feb-16 04:04:18

Sounds like me when I went into labour with DD1. Turned up at hospital thinking I had a UTI only to be told I was 3cm dilated.

howcomes Mon 22-Feb-16 04:06:27

I think you're in labour too! Sounds very familiar, when my waters broke (although I didn't realise they had) the only comfy place I could sit was on the loo. Good luck! smile

toastyarmadillo Mon 22-Feb-16 04:19:05

Ooh exciting, I think your in labour as well! Probably best if you feel the need to squat, do it rather than sit on the loo. You can probably feel pressure from the contractions and it feels like the need to wee. Squatting is great for getting things moving along and is usually more comfortable in those early hours than just sitting....

Keep us posted......

Spring2016 Mon 22-Feb-16 04:24:39

Urge to squat sounds like labour to me! Not early labour either. We're you dilated at all when you were being checked out? Good luck!

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 22-Feb-16 04:48:00

Is this your first baby? Have you tried a warm bath? If it's early labour it should help. Is baby moving ok? Could we'll be the latent phase...

Dontdrinkandfacebook Mon 22-Feb-16 04:57:35

I think you are in early labour grin flowers chocolatecake

BastardGoDarkly Mon 22-Feb-16 05:17:25

Exciting! I hope you're either in labour or sleeping op flowers

Quiero Mon 22-Feb-16 05:49:46

You're in labour - woohoo!

I had this with DS, spent most of early labour on the toilet as it was the only place I was comfortable. Once they took me in I sat on the ball and that was much better. If you have one at home, give it a shot!

Oh, and good luck flowers

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 22-Feb-16 06:05:32

Have you had the baby yet? wink

I needed to go to the loo many times while in labour, even though it was induced, because contractions make me want to poo. I cleaned EVERYTHING out down the loo, including my waters going down there (big "BOSH" - I thought at first that the baby had gone down there, it was so loud and such a big splash! But no)

Hope you're nearly done, if not actually done and have a lovely snuffly baby with you thanks

FatimaLovesBread Mon 22-Feb-16 06:15:32

A family member had this, just felt like she needed to wee constantly but no wee. Turns out she must have been contracting all night without realising as after another spell of squatting on the loo her waters broke and baby arrived not long after.

I'd give the labour ward a ring to get checked out

hazellnut56 Mon 22-Feb-16 07:06:19

So I rung the labour ward and they suggested the same but only wanted to see me if things progressed, I noticed I was getting hungry so I (rather uncomfortably moved downstairs) ate some pineapple and took up residence on the sofa... Aand it wore off shockshock I genuinely thought it could be something too sadsad particularly as when checked out yesterday I was told I had small contractions, problem is I'm not feeling any tightening- baby's moving like a trooper mind. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement I'll keep you posted if anything happens today. Honestly can't say how grateful I am as I genuinely thought I'd be stuck on the loo all night and didn't wanna wake hubby in case it was the real deal and I need him for encouragement in the later states lol !! Thank you thank you xxthanks

patterkiller Mon 22-Feb-16 07:12:05

Try and get some sleep today if you can. It sounds like labour mightn't be too far away and you will need all your energy.

TerrorAustralis Mon 22-Feb-16 07:22:04

Get some rest (easier said than done, I know). I agree with patterkiller that the real thing is probably not far off.

Junosmum Mon 22-Feb-16 07:38:46

Not quite the same but I had horrific bouts of ins, I'd sit on the loo with a duvet over me and a pillow and fall asleep between goes. Not glamorous! Duvet did then get washed.

MrsBenWyatt Mon 22-Feb-16 09:09:02

When I was in (B2B) labour with DD, I stayed sitting on the loo for hours as it was the most comfortable place! Have they checked the baby's position?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now