Talk

Advanced search

Labour Soundtrack

(10 Posts)
dizzylemon Fri 12-Feb-16 16:01:04

In preparing for an ideal situation scenario for my labour (no need to point out that this might not happen: I'm optimistic, not delusional!) I'm putting together a playlist for my labour.

I started by putting together relaxing, new agey/trancey bits of music (think Enya, Chicane etc. Then understanding labour can take a while and some stuff on the same positive tone but maybe a bit more upbeat - after all maybe I'll want something to spur me on not slow me down wink

Anyway, what did you go for? I'm I likely not to notice or give a **? Or should I just stick to the instrumental stuff?

Runningupthathill82 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:01:43

First labour, I wanted the music on. I haven't been able to listen to any if the artists involved since!

Second labour - different soundtrack (more uptempo, less Cocteau Twins-y) DH asked if he should put the CD on. I apparently growled that I didn't give a flying fuck. It stayed off, I couldn't have cared less.. !

Cnmorgan13 Sat 13-Feb-16 11:22:47

Lol, I fancy bringing in my guardians of the galaxy soundtrack if I remember _

VivaHate Tue 16-Feb-16 16:17:37

I'm planning on Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington XFM podcasts because they always always make me laugh...i am probably being very naive and end up screaming for silence!

Abbinob Tue 16-Feb-16 16:21:05

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

Gas and air had me singing this at pushing stage, the shame! blush

wispywoo1 Wed 17-Feb-16 06:26:53

I had McFly, Passenger and whatever else was on DHs amazon music list! I found it was a good combination. DD was born to McFly's 'It's all about you' which was perfect grin

dizzylemon Wed 17-Feb-16 11:55:03

I'm wondering whether to add 'Push It' to the playlist just for lols. Not sure what my sense of humour will be like in labour.

I'm pretty sure my mind will be on other matters but meh, I have decided to add a whole mix of things in - think i will keep it upbeat, get DH to put it on shuffle and then maybe shout at him to switch it off when I get fed up ;)

Ah the excitement of the unknown.

dizzylemon Wed 17-Feb-16 11:57:06

Also, coincidentally, I had already put a few tracks from the GotG on but may also put the full soundtrack on standby.

DH wanted Star Wars soundtrack. And whilst I'm not adverse to the films.....just no (but might include them for his sanity ;) ).

manateeandcake Wed 17-Feb-16 15:21:29

First time around, I had a playlist with lots of quite slow and whimsical stuff on. Had an epidural and it was nice to listen to for a while, but then the music went off for the rather speedy, er, instrumental delivery. Second time, I wanted to try for a water birth and said I thought I might need more upbeat music to help give me a boost. DH and I both made v upbeat playlists eg Rihanna, Eminem, Sia, Daftpunk etc. When I got to the birth centre (in established labour) I knew immediately I couldn't tolerate anything with words and ordered DH to put on Steven Halpern's The Comfort Zone (instrumental relaxation music). Had it on repeat for 5 hours until DS was born. Now we listen to the intended playlists and laugh. Good for exercising to, though!

pollyr01 Fri 26-Feb-16 15:03:05

Hi there - I'd my relaxing calming birth music but all I really wanted for no 2 was something to take my mind off things / for me it was the wanted and a lot of pop!!! Whatever song you like singing along to and makes you feel upbeat. This time around I've put all my running tracks and hip
Hop on!! Plus some classical if I change my mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now