Talk

Advanced search

mucus plug show and cramping

(9 Posts)
MidnightRun Tue 09-Feb-16 11:13:36

Just that really.. Had a show yesterday about 1pm followed by cramping all day. Still got the period style cramps back and front today.

38 weeks and just wondering if this sounds hopeful or am I likely to still be sitting with bump in 2 weeks time.

Also feeling really nauseous.. Not sure if that's related! 

Rpj16 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:15:46

oooh how close together are the cramps? I was in disbelief when I went into labour! Maybe call the hospital and see what they say smile good luck!!

Sleepingbunnies Tue 09-Feb-16 11:17:05

Sounds hopeful!! Wish it was me... currently 38+4 and getting increasing impatient!!! Good luck! smile

MidnightRun Tue 09-Feb-16 11:29:37

Not really close together, getting really sore cramping every 15 or so minutes, then smaller cramping in Between that.

Really hoping it comes to something soon.. If this went on for a couple of weeks I think I'd lose my mind!

Rpj16 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:38:07

Certainly sound like something. Maybe write down when each one starts and then call hospital/midwife. Have you had your 38 week app yet? exciting! Make sure you take powerade or energy drinks to hospital. they were amazing. smile

MidnightRun Tue 09-Feb-16 11:52:54

Midwife is tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll be able to tell me if I'm dilated at all smile wouldn't it be so much easier if the baby just started flashing a big red light in our stomachs telling us it's time! :p

Did a big shop yesterday and got lots of energy drinks, water and sweets for the hospital... They seemed as much a necessity as the maternity pads smile

Junosmum Tue 09-Feb-16 12:38:28

Sorry to say but I had that for a whole week before it stopped and then a day later my waters went.

MidnightRun Tue 09-Feb-16 14:14:44

Junosmum I could deal with a week.. Two weeks would be too much but a week is manageable :p

PicnicPie Tue 09-Feb-16 14:25:28

I had a show and cramping and 38+3 and gave birth at 38+6. So hopefully you won't have to wait a whole week.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now