Talk

Advanced search

After baby is born....

(7 Posts)
Teddypom Wed 03-Feb-16 19:11:33

After having our DD1 I remember having a feeling of euphoria for the first week or so.
I was just wondering whether you get the same feeling the 2nd time around? (I am currently 35 weeks pregnant). xx

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 03-Feb-16 19:22:16

Yes I did. I loved that feeling of being in a baby bubble! Everyone's different though and some factors (your/baby's health, ease of delivery and so on) may affect how you feel post birth. Don't beat yourself up if you don't feel the same. Good luck with everything and congratulations smile

Teddypom Wed 03-Feb-16 21:08:38

Thanks for your reply! I was hoping to hear that.
Having a horrible week, full of cold and terrible fatigue. Just hoping I do get the same boost this time around! xx

Picklesauage Wed 03-Feb-16 21:56:16

I would suggest having no expectations. I expected it with my first. Instead we spent a week in NICU. Second time I had a fight to get out of hospital as she was so small.

But I loved them both terribly and they made my heart sing. Just don't expect euphoria, I had too many obstacles to really 'fly' but I was so blissfully happy a lot of the time.

originalusernamefail Wed 03-Feb-16 21:58:41

I was absolutely over the moon for the first week after birth, literally flying. I did have horrible pregnancies however so was amazed to have no sickness, no pain, no heartburn and be able to sleep- babies permitting. It was fabulous!

Scattymum101 Wed 03-Feb-16 22:33:51

I was like that the first time. I never hit the baby blues at all.
The second time I ended up with pnd. No idea why! I beat myself up about it for ages but wish I had just admitted much earlier that I was struggling. I think it was worse because I didn't expect it after being so euphoric after dd1.
Dd2 birth was better, pregnancy was better, I was in a better place in terms of knowing how to care for a baby. No idea why it happened.

elliejjtiny Thu 04-Feb-16 15:43:12

I had the euphoria with DS1, 2 and 3. Not for a week though, more like 24 hours. I didn't get it with DS4 and DS5 though. I'm not sure why, maybe because they were born by C-section so I didn't have the natural labour hormones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now