Talk

Advanced search

WWYD

(4 Posts)
MrsSparkles Tue 02-Feb-16 19:56:12

DD1 was born at 36 weeks - labour only lasted 4 hours (but was already in hospital so not a problem).

DD2 on the way - have now moved and live 40 mins drive from the hospital. DD1 at school where we live, DH works 1 1/2 hours in the opposite direction.

Any thoughts on what to do when I go into labour - homebirth likely to be ruled out because DD1 was early (and also I'm really not keen). Do I drive to the hospital as soon as I feel a twinge (and then refuse to move based on previous quick labour) or wait and get a taxi and risk having a baby halfway down the motorway! My mum and dad only live 5 mins from the hospital but I'll need them to go to school to get DD1 so can't rely on them to drive me.

Why does it have to be so complicated!

Fourormore Tue 02-Feb-16 19:59:07

I would have a home birth in your situation.
Either that or spend 36w onwards living with parents. I can't think of much worse than having a baby at the side of the road.

whatsoever Thu 04-Feb-16 23:45:23

If you genuinely feel it's going to be super quick, call an ambulance. They have an address to head for rather than a non-descript side of a road to head to. And you can't really drive a car in the second stage of labour.

Mummyme87 Fri 05-Feb-16 14:24:17

Having a previous 36/40 birth won't stop you from having a home birth unless you went into labour before 37/40 again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now