Talk

Advanced search

6 week check

(9 Posts)
Picnic2223 Mon 01-Feb-16 15:25:47

I was wondering if everyones 6 week check was as quick and pointless as mine?

Barely even sat down when my blood pressure is being taken and i'm being asked if I feel depressed.??

Dr asked if I wanted contraception and was already printing the prescription before I'd said yes!

Did any one else feel under whelmed by the process or was mine really short.

Not sure what I was expecting to happened but something more maybe.

ayria Mon 01-Feb-16 17:54:28

Mine really was pointless. Asked if I had any concerns with baby, nope, done a quick check of baby.
Of course, asked if I was depressed when I brought up issues with the birth etc., nope (I now know it was birth trauma)
She only checked my stitches/injuries because I had issues with it, I doubt she would have otherwise. I even enquired about my tailbone sticking out now, her response was 'Did you bang it?' hmm And that was it.

I went for another 2 doctor appointments before I got any sort of help with my stitches/injuries.

Dixiechick17 Mon 01-Feb-16 19:15:30

Completely pointless for me too. Not sure why they do it to be honest, HV could easily do it if you've had a straight forward birth and don't need stitches or anything doing.

didireallysaythat Mon 01-Feb-16 19:20:03

Where I live they do the 6 week checkup at 10-12 weeks with babies first immunisations/when they can first take calpol. Coincides with returning to work which is handy. Not.

Picnic2223 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:27:10

Glad everyone thought it was as pointless as I did.

poocatcherchampion Mon 01-Feb-16 21:29:06

Mine was really good but I had a number of issues that needed addressing.

After my first two pregnancies it was quick as I was fine.

It is a catch all designed to pick up and offer support when required, for many it is routine. It is also not compulsory.

whatsoever Mon 01-Feb-16 23:02:30

Mine was a fair bit better than that, from memory. Much of it was about contraception but it felt like a decent chat.

I'll ask the GP to check my abs to see if my stomach muscles are split this time round though as my buggyfit instructor discovered a 4 finger gap on my first session which needed physio help & would have been good to know that asap.

Wolfiefan Mon 01-Feb-16 23:04:04

Whatsoever I think that should be a standard check. My muscles didn't knit back together after my first and I didn't get any treatment for years. No wonder my back is now buggered. confused

mrsmugoo Tue 02-Feb-16 15:40:38

They asked me if I needed contraception at mine and I burst out laughing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now