Talk

Advanced search

Stop-start early labour - what shall I do?!?

(8 Posts)
Passthebiscuittin Mon 01-Feb-16 13:30:31

Ugh, I thought second labours were supposed to be quick! 39+2, twinges all night Saturday, progressed to proper contractions Sunday 6pm till 2am, decided to get some sleep and they fizzled out completely! Nothing really today . .

Just wondering if anyone had anything similar and how long it all lasted, I've got the in-laws staying for dd1 and they keep asking me how long it's going to be!!!

Also is it best to keep upright and moving (esp as I think baba is back-to-back) or is that just going to wipe me out if this goes on much longer . . .

ppeatfruit Mon 01-Feb-16 17:31:02

Yes I had this, my labour lasted 4 days and then the actual birth took 15 hours shock sorry! grin DD2 was 14 days overdue. She was initially 'stuck' 'forehead presenting' so we just had to wait for her turn properly. I was sent out do shopping with dh.Then had a show. Then I was induced and she really didn't want to come until she was ready.

Lucky that she turned because I was waiting for an emergency CS (they had another one going on). Keep moving or go on all fours. oh and listen to your instincts; the midwife was feeling my contractions and shouting 'push' at me and I didn't\couldn't, luckily because they had to send for a doctor who said I needed a CS.

Groovee Mon 01-Feb-16 17:32:27

Ds started on the Friday. Finally arrived on the Wednesday at 39+5 after around 8 hours in labour ward.

ppeatfruit Mon 01-Feb-16 17:34:10

It wasn't too painful though. I needed extra time in hospital though and they said to have a home help before I could go home because like you my dM and DH couldn't take more time off work!

AveEldon Mon 01-Feb-16 17:39:50

I had this with no 3
I recommend sleep and good food

RockCrushesLizard Mon 08-Feb-16 13:28:25

Sleep!
I had a similar time scale to Groovee above, and I was shattered by the time I got to hospital.
So I'd sleep any hours that you can.

Diddlydokey Mon 08-Feb-16 13:30:52

I had this and admittedly it sucked BUT the actual painful bit of labour was about 2 hours so I like to think that the stop starting did do something.

Mine was 10 days - I was VERY grumpy.

lilac3033 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:02:46

I had this. 3 nights in a row it kicked off around midnight or one and lasted until 5am. I am horrible at napping in the day, so was shattered when labour finally kicked off (after a sweep). It took awhile to get to 3cm (12 hours or so) but after that it was only about 5 hours until she was born. She was back to back for a lot of it too, turned like 10-20 minutes before she was born. She was my first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now