Talk

Advanced search

Second degree tear has given me an itchy scar and flap of tissue

(12 Posts)
downbelow Fri 29-Jan-16 21:08:58

Name changed for this, because obvs it's a bit personal.

I had my first child in 2014. He shot out in 15 minutes and I had a second degree tear and some stitches.
Over the next few months I noticed I was getting itchy around my bits, was convinced I had thrush, but the Drs kept telling me it was just the scar tissue healing. I had a look at my stuff and could see the white line of the scar tissue, but everything else looked normal.
Then I got pregnant again after 5 months. Itching went away while pregnant. I had that baby last summer and got a first degree graze.
Recently the old scar tissue has started itching again and I took a look today and can now see a flap of skin at the bottom of the second degree tear, that I swear wasn't there last summer.

Why would I suddenly have an extra flap of skin and can the Drs do anything about it? It gets irritated really quickly. Could it be a hemorrhoid? It's not in my anus, it's on the perineum.

Help, I feel like I'm getting deadly muff rot sad

ayria Sat 30-Jan-16 20:22:54

Have you ever massaged the scar tissue and stretched it a bit? I was given a steroid cream after numerous doctor appointments about scar tissue being tight and uncomfortable when sitting. The cream helped a lot and I started to stretch the tissue as it was agitating me that much. Now it's so much better, I can't feel the scar and it doesn't pull now, it stopped a few months after the cream, my son is nearly 4 btw and I was using the cream when he was about 7 months. I still do it now sometimes and pinch the actual scar and pull the skin away smile it helps.

Not really sure about an extra flap of tissue though. Could it be a skin tag? If it's irritating you and gets sore they may offer a procedure to sort it out.

downbelow Sat 30-Jan-16 22:44:04

Thanks for replying. Nope, not done massage. No one has ever told me about that. I'll try it. And see the Dr.

Churchillian Sat 30-Jan-16 22:49:45

I had something similar after my second birth and had some minor surgery to sort it out - took about 10 minutes and was only sore for a couple of days afterwards. Go and see your GP for a referral, it's really straight forward.

Arcadia Sat 30-Jan-16 23:24:50

I had similar and used steroid cream (after seeing expensive private gynaecologist) for about four weeks and it got better but never quite the same and sex hurts in certain positions. Apparently I was stitched up a bit rubbishly but really that was the least of my problems with the whole birth! confused

downbelow Sun 31-Jan-16 10:04:00

Oh thank you so much for answering! I've been fretting since Friday.
I declined a check after my second baby as i wasnt swollen or in pain. Now i think i should have asked to be checked sad i'll get a gp appointment next week.

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jan-16 10:08:00

I had this after dd and they burned it off using silver nitrate (it was called a granuloma).

downbelow Sun 31-Jan-16 10:16:21

Pixie - that sounds terrifying. How do they burn it off? How do they not wreck the rest of your muff?

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jan-16 12:45:45

Was done with a thin cotton bud type thing I think. Got an anaesthetic spray for afterwards. Was just glad it wasn't there any more as it was sore

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jan-16 12:49:31

From googling it was probably a silver nitrate pencil thing so can be used in small areas. It wasn't a flame thrower they used grin

downbelow Sun 31-Jan-16 20:05:53

Lol.at flamethrower.
Does the silver nitrate just burn the flesh off? That sounds very painful.

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jan-16 20:11:00

It wasn't really. It was tender for a couple of days after and then healed up. It would cauterize at the same time so no bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now