Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

38 weeks pregnant with severe pelvic pain.

(9 Posts)
Zainabisaaq84 Sat 23-Jan-16 21:08:40

Am 38 weeks and 3 days and av been suffering with spd since 24 weeks... now the pain is getting unbearable I can't walk without support or lay dwn and my lower back pain isnt helping either... I was wondering if anyone else has had this pain and what did u do to.help with the pain

This is my 3rd pregnancy i had spd during my 2nd pregnancy aswell but I dnt remember it being this bad..

Plz help 😢

sunshinemeg Sat 23-Jan-16 21:12:53

I had SPD last pregnancy and this, on crutches both times.
Don't sit on a hard chair, swivel to get in and out of car keeping knees togethers offing on a plastic bag to help swivelling is good too. Tell the midwife! Get some string, work out how far you can move your legs apart without pain and use the string to record this distance by tying it in a circle. Take that to hospital and make sure they know not to let you over open your legs in labour.
Pillow between legs to sleep can also help the pain.
My chiropractor recommended a cold compress on the painful area in an evening, not tried it yet so can't confirm that one.

Remember it's not long and it should ease. I went into hospital on crutches and walked out without them. Good luck!

Zainabisaaq84 Sat 23-Jan-16 21:17:19

Thanks hun.. i was on crutches with my last one.. am just scared of damaging my pelvic during labour...because the pain is so intense this tym.. will give my midwife a call on Monday. .thanks for the tips hun xx

ladybird69 Sat 23-Jan-16 21:28:05

zain when I delivered whilst suffering from spd my midwife advised kneeling as a midwife/ dr couldn't force pelvis open more than was comfortable! iyswim.
I was also induced at 39 wks as I had a history of big babies! but that was me I don't know your history.

LumpySpaceCow Sun 24-Jan-16 07:23:28

I feel your pain! 3Rd pregnancy and first time with since 10 weeks! Have you checked out the pelvic partnership website? Baby breech but if he turns and I don't have another section I will be in water and avoiding any laid down, legs open position.
The pain thing that has helped is chiropractor and physio. Does your physio offer acupuncture? Also offers some relief. Other than that warm heat packs, baths, generally avoiding walking any distances, not pushing a trolley- that really aggravates it, paracetamol. The nights are the worst for me; I support myself with pillows and wake up to turn - when really bad I have to wake my DH to help or I turn underneath myself I.e go onto my knees and turn that way - my pelvis often crunches / at this point - pretty gross!
Needless to say, this will be my last pregnancy!! Not long left for us now!

Zainabisaaq84 Sun 24-Jan-16 08:03:21

Thanks ladies for the tips... its so hard to explain the pain to sum ladies that have never experienced this pain.... feel like am just complaining over nothing.... av stopped going to see my physio as they didn't help me much... laying in water usually helps me but getting out of the water is the hard part lol.... not long now for me i had my son at 39 weeks....
Good luck to u all xx

lfitzgerald100 Sun 24-Jan-16 08:36:00

Your not alone, I've just found out I have spd at 35 weeks, I've tried so much I don't know what else to do, thank God for pain killers or I wouldn't be walking at all, at least you Havnt gone long left and your certainly entitled to a good moan! I'd say put your feet up take some pain killers and get you family and friends to help you as much as you can, good luck xxx

youlemming Tue 26-Jan-16 15:44:13

If you can and it's something you want try to get a water birth, I was stuck on my back on a bed with DD1 and that was the worse position to be in, with DD2 I had a water birth and it was much more comfortable as it supports your weight more and the warm water is great for pain relief.

Zainabisaaq84 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:00:53

Av never thought of water birth.. might look into it...

ThankS ladies for all the advise and tips xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now