Stop start labour?

(13 Posts)
Alrighty Mon 11-Jan-16 16:53:03

40 +2,not my first baby.pains on off since this am.been walking,drank raspberry leaf tea...anyone else had this,and how long till proper labour?have a 1 h round trip to drive tomorrow,unless this baby comes and DH can start his paternity leave,so I'd like to have a clue!

Alrighty Mon 11-Jan-16 18:16:22

No one?

Figwin Mon 11-Jan-16 18:19:44

No idea, best bet is to call the number they gave you for advice. I reckon they will recommend you don't go to far from where you plan to have the baby at very least though. Good luck x

twofalls Mon 11-Jan-16 18:23:17

I had this with Dd2. Waters broke at 3am. Contractions started a couple of hours later, had a bath after I packed DD1 off to school saying baby will be here soon. Then everything stopped until midnight. I walked , rested, drunk tea in the meantime. Dd2 finally came at 6am the next day.

Not sure that helps. When contractions started again it was no quicker so no mad panic. I had a home birth.

YouBastardSockBalls Mon 11-Jan-16 18:23:57

Totally normal, I had this for 5 days before having first baby.

Hopefully you'll not be kept in suspense for as long!

twofalls Mon 11-Jan-16 18:24:06

I wouldn't make your trip to be honest.

YouBastardSockBalls Mon 11-Jan-16 18:25:38

Ps - if waters break, go in.
If any bloody/brown/green discharge go in.
If contractions get too bad for paracetamol, or more than 3 in ten minutes consistently, go in.

And remember, you can ring labour ward with any concerns at any time of day or night.

Good luck!

YouBastardSockBalls Mon 11-Jan-16 18:26:06

Oh or if movements change or slow down.

Alrighty Mon 11-Jan-16 19:36:18

Didn't think this was meant to happen with subsequent babies!arent they supposed to just shoot out after a 10 min labour ??grinhad a very long labour with my first,I thought I did my bit!

YouBastardSockBalls Mon 11-Jan-16 19:53:07

Well that's what they say, but with 2 EMCS for failure to progress under my belt, it certainly wasn't my experience! grin

The end is in sight though at least - I'm only 7 weeks....!

Good luck!

CaptainMorgansMistress Mon 11-Jan-16 20:14:10

Just a heads up OP, I had major stop-start labour with DC2 (after a v fast birth with DC1).

It turned out that baby was back to back - which is one of the most common causes of stop-start. We only found this out afterwards but it resulted in a much longer and much more painful labour than my first.

If I had known this was the case, I might have made some different decisions regarding pain relief and certainly would have had different expectations. So just wanted to tell you in case it is useful to you!

originalusernamefail Mon 11-Jan-16 20:21:08

4 days of this with DS 1 currently entering day 2 with DS 2 but waters broke during stretch and sweep today so the little monkey has til tomorrow lunchtime to make an appearance before the eviction proceedings begin!

Alrighty Mon 11-Jan-16 20:26:33

I'll see MW tomorrow,already wanted to check position anyway.she keeps turning around front then back to back then side ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now