Talk

Advanced search

Recovery from C Section.

(10 Posts)
SweepTheHalls Sat 09-Jan-16 16:33:33

I had a C section 10 days ago. It didn't go completely to plan with loosing 1 litre of blood and I had a drain in for 3 days afterwards. I fully expected the wound to still be hurting at this point, but is it normal that my whole tummy is very tender, pretty much from my belly button down? I feel rather like I have been punched.

winkywinkola Sat 09-Jan-16 17:09:06

Yes it will hurt. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time.

Please please take it as easy as you can. Every bit of rest you allow yourself - and you need a lot - is an investment in your future strength and energy levels.

I had a straightforward section after 30 hours of labour and I would say it took me a year to recover fully.

winkywinkola Sat 09-Jan-16 17:10:05

Oh and keep a good eye out for infection around the wound site. If it's particularly red or sore or weeping then see a doctor.

YouBastardSockBalls Sat 09-Jan-16 17:11:52

Yes.

REST. REST. REST. Really don't even pick up a Hoover, or push a trolley. And take ALL your meds.
Do bits of exercise - little walks round the house etc, and do your breathing exercises. But you really must rest.

It should get a little better each day smile

megletthesecond Sat 09-Jan-16 20:42:20

Yes. Stay in pj's and rest for a while longer yet and keep on top of pain relief.

I felt crappy for at least 3 weeks after my EMCS. It does get better though. I was comfortable doing easy machines at the gym by 12 weeks.

poocatcherchampion Sat 09-Jan-16 20:44:12

Lol at don't even pick up a hoover. I have read that advice so many times. I did after 12 weeks this time. Who wants to hoover??

YouBastardSockBalls Sat 09-Jan-16 20:50:05

Some people do! You'd be amazed how quickly people try to get back to normal after sections.

UptownFunk00 Sat 09-Jan-16 22:17:41

Yes, perfectly normal or at least it was for me.

After around 2ish weeks it begins to feel better though from my personal experience.

SweepTheHalls Sat 09-Jan-16 23:04:09

Thanks. I think I just need to do less, it's do hard though, I get so frustrated!

winkywinkola Sun 10-Jan-16 00:28:59

It is frustrating. But I tried To do lots and would end up crying because of the fatigue and distress.

It's a simple equation of you rest more now = you feel better and stronger faster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now