Advanced search

Worried about elcs being cancelled

(15 Posts)
BakedPotatoChangedMyLife Mon 04-Jan-16 05:09:50


I have an elcs booked for 2 weeks time due to baby being breech. A scan last week also showed that my amniotic fluid levels are a little low and that baby's growth is slowing. They didn't seem concerned and said just to keep an eye on movement.
Consultant kept talking about how they'd scan me on the day of the section in case baby had turned but I now have my heart set on that date and need her here safely for my own sanity! I'd honestly be gutted if baby turned now. Given the other factors is it likely they'd send me away if baby turns head down? Would I be offered induction instead? Will ask my midwife this week but curious to hear others experiences

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 04-Jan-16 05:39:51

I suppose it depends how urgent your need is in relation to other women. I was booked for an elcs for geststional diabeges, but they rsngme the day before and postponed to the day after because my sugars were well controlled and another, older mum was having hypos. If they do change your date, they may keep you in on the ward anyway to monitor you given your conditions. They won't just abandon you. Good luck!

RubyWoooo Mon 04-Jan-16 06:12:02

I'm shitting myself about this too. Especially as I will have had to arrange childcare for my stay in hospital. Having previously had an EMCS I understand better than anyone how important it is that these are prioritised but I'm still terrified of being bumped off the list confused

turkeysandwishes Mon 04-Jan-16 11:32:44

I have the same fear, baby is currently breech and always has been.
What do your notes say? Mine say I am to be given the choice on the day either way, but I'm scared it won't happen.
Seeing my midwife later so ill ask her how likely it is that ill be turned away, popular opinion is that it will still go ahead because of what my consultant has written down.
Do you have any appointments before the day to go over things with the team? X

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 04-Jan-16 12:47:04

My SIL was offered a ELCS as baby was breech. He turned on the day but they just asked her if she wanted to go ahead or have him naturally. From what she told me there was no pressure. She opted for the ELCS (he was a big baby!)

turkeysandwishes Mon 04-Jan-16 13:18:34

They have estimated that my baby is around 9lbs so fairly large to say the least!
I'll be so glad next week when it's all over x

RubyWoooo Mon 04-Jan-16 15:16:47

My consultant said they would scan me on the day of the op and if the baby had turned (currently breech) then I would be given the option of going home and waiting for natural labour fuck that

I'm also having a big baby (hence c sec) so if this happens my plan is basically to have a hissy fit until they give me a section grin

turkeysandwishes Mon 04-Jan-16 17:44:53

I like your plan! I've seen my me this afternoon and she assured me that it's going ahead, baby is still breech, 38 weeks exactly tomorrow! How far are you Ruby?

turkeysandwishes Mon 04-Jan-16 17:45:29

My mw*

BakedPotatoChangedMyLife Mon 04-Jan-16 17:47:00

There's nothing in my notes and they only told me they'd scan again on the day when I asked. Believe me I will kick and scream!

RubyWoooo Mon 04-Jan-16 18:05:52

37 wks today

TwoDrifters Wed 06-Jan-16 00:42:24

I turned up for my ELCS yesterday morning, got all prepped, took pre meds etc, had a scan & my baby had turned so they sent me home angry

I'm now 40+1 and terrifiedly awaiting natural labour shock

BakedPotatoChangedMyLife Wed 06-Jan-16 06:43:21

two you poor thing, the thought of that terrifies me! Did you have any inclination that baby had flipped? I'm obsessively poking the bump to check where her head is at the moment!

TwoDrifters Wed 06-Jan-16 14:53:30

Baked My husband thought the baby has flipped, purely by feeling and also we have a stethoscope so he was trying to ascertain roughly where the heartbeat was. But since he's not a trained medical professional and I hadn't felt anything major, I wasn't sure at all!

BakedPotatoChangedMyLife Wed 06-Jan-16 16:05:24

Just back from midwife and baby is still breech. 1 week to go til section! Stay put!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: