Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for dads

(5 Posts)
KatyN Fri 01-Jan-16 16:40:53

Having just come through this I thought I should share a quick recommendation for any birthing partners. My hospital let my partner stay while I was being induced, then Again for the first night after I'd given birth. However he didn't get anywhere to sleep..
If we ever did it again (which we aren't!!) we would take a blanket and a pillow for him and maybe even a camping mat. You could leave it in the car but it would have made a massive difference for him!

It's easy to forget the dad's in the process of everything but my husband was awake for 50 hours except for napping in a chair.. I was too but I survived on hormones mainly!!

feeona123 Fri 01-Jan-16 22:43:07

Husbands can't stay where I gave birth but even if he could I would've sent him home. Best for one of you to catch up on sleep!

Isaiaheva Fri 01-Jan-16 22:44:24

Men being allowed to stay overnight is not the norm in most hospitals.

Jellybean100 Sat 02-Jan-16 01:09:50

A camping mat? So he can lie on the floor? Seriously if there's time for him to sleep on the floor then send him home! Husbands role is to support the partner and if nothing's happening he doesn't need to support you at that time so ideally he can go home and you can both get some kip

BurningGubbins Sat 02-Jan-16 09:17:40

My husband stayed over on a camping mat after I was unexpectedly kept in at about 36 weeks, and did the same when I came back for the birth. Definitely worth doing for us - it was a joint experience (even when not much was happening) that neither of us wanted him to miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now