Talk

Advanced search

daughter been induced

(7 Posts)
Cynthia61 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:16:18

and we (husband and me) are now pacing the floor. She had pessary yesterday,and latest we heard from our s0n-in-law at 1am was that she was 2cm dilated and contracting well. No word since. Know it can all take a long time but ...... we are wondering if it is OK to ring delivery suite just to check all is progressing - or should we just leave it and wait!!! What do other soon to be grandparents do??

gillyweed Thu 17-Dec-15 14:19:09

Leave it!!!! Without a doubt.

jamtartandcustard Thu 17-Dec-15 14:21:23

I'd advise to leave and wait. I'm sure they will update you as soon as they have news.
I'd be fuming if my parents or inlaws phone the ward and were told of given birth 2 minutes beforehand and before i had a chance to announce it.
Maybe just text son-in-law asking for an update and hold tight. Won't be long

birdladyfromhomealone Thu 17-Dec-15 14:21:31

Speaking as a Doula, most of my clients say the biggest irritation is the expectant grandparents lack of patience! sad Sorry!
I have been asked to field their postnatal visits from minutes after baby comes.
If your daughter wanted you to be there you would know now so please wait for them to call you? I understand as I am also dying to be a grandma but I see it from the new parents and it is a big bug bear that is often discussed in birth plan.

Cynthia61 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:24:56

You are right, and how I feel deep down but would rather be there giving birth myself than have the wait. But I wouldn't expect the suite to give us any information - that would be for the new mum and dad to do - we were just wanting to know that she is well ......Shall leave it though. Thanks gor the advice.

5madthings Thu 17-Dec-15 14:25:41

You leave it and wait. The labour and delivery staff don't have time to be dealing with phone calls like this and unless your dd okays it they won't give you any information anyway.

I was induced for all five of mine and this is why we never told parents unless they were needed for childcare in which case we said we would let them know if there was a delay (induction can be a long process) but otherwise we would tell them once baby arrived.

Due baby six in April, am guessing this one will also be induced as my babies don't like to come out and again I won't tell anyone other than the person on childcare duty.

ShebaShimmyShake Thu 17-Dec-15 14:39:43

Leave it. They don't need any added anxiety and anyway I doubt the hospital could tell you due to patient confidentiality. Patience is a virtue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now