Talk

Advanced search

Braxton hicks or the real thing?

(6 Posts)
jamtartandcustard Sat 12-Dec-15 02:48:09

2 hours of bh, taken paracetamol and have hot water bottle on bump but they aren't dying down, if anything a little stronger (but only a little, nothing horrific). Could this be the real thing? I don't know whether to try and get more sleep or to wake dh up. Oh I'm 39+5 today as well X

DropYourSword Sat 12-Dec-15 02:49:46

Get more sleep. Could be either right now, but you'll need the rest! Things can take a long time to establish.

Very exciting though, not too long before you meet your little one!

DropYourSword Sat 12-Dec-15 10:23:57

Any update jamtart?

jamtartandcustard Sat 12-Dec-15 13:30:26

After 3 hours I managed to get back to sleep even though they were getting more intense. Woke up with ...... Nothing! And I cried to dh. Just so fed up of this start-stop business now. Have lower back ache today but I'm not reading anything into it. I'm just being a grumpy bum and having a pity party sad

afloat Sat 12-Dec-15 14:58:40

Same thing's been happening to me for a week. I've turned from a chilled-out lady enjoying maternity leave, excited that my body is gearing up for birth, to a weepy tired wreck blush. Hope things get started for you soon...

Persephone76 Sun 13-Dec-15 17:47:20

Jam, I feel your pain, had the same last night and woke with nothing. Then they restarted this morning but nothing regular, just annoying and inconvenient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now