Talk

Advanced search

Hoping this is not an imminent labour sign -what do you think?

(9 Posts)
Chchchchangeabout Wed 09-Dec-15 15:46:29

37+6 with second child. Slight pink tinge, very slight, appeared that could be the start of a show.

First born was 2 weeks overdue, failed induction due to failure to progress, eventually arrived by EMCS. But never had any pink tinges that I noticed.

Am hoping it isn't labour as so much left to do and was hoping nothing would happen before section date as it will complicate things a bit with an already likely complicated birth due to various medical factors. Also we have no car at the moment... Can anyone reassure me?

Chchchchangeabout Wed 09-Dec-15 16:18:01

Anyone? Am panicking a bit!

hatters Wed 09-Dec-15 16:36:11

I had a similar thing.
First born 2 weeks over, failed induction, EMCS.

Second, I had a show one morning at 37 wks then a few twinges from about 2pm and he was born at about 7pm that night!

I can't comment on the complications, I was always planning on VBAC. I don't know if a show by itself is enough to panic? But I would definitely call your midwife if you get any other signs.

hatters Wed 09-Dec-15 16:39:01

39 wks, not 37.

How are you feeling? Have you had any other signs? Hopefully someone with more experience will be along to comment soon...

Chchchchangeabout Wed 09-Dec-15 16:46:16

Thanks Hatters! No other signs, am cowering in bed under the covers hoping baby will stay put for now.

Comfortzone Wed 09-Dec-15 16:56:37

Hope you're ok Hatters if it's any help pink tinged didn't mean labour for me, rather it was the lower back cramps & front lower ab cramps which saw me give birth that evening. These were sure signs things for me were imminent anyhow. Not helping am I? Possibly it's just your body getting ready but could be also if you've been overdoing it lately being busy, rushing around. Lying on my side watching TV used to calm everything down

Chchchchangeabout Wed 09-Dec-15 17:33:04

Thanks comfort, that's reassuring. I am lying down and trying to relax a bit...

Dogsmom Wed 09-Dec-15 22:27:15

Hope you're ok, I had my show a week before dd2 arrived so yeah it can be a sign your body is getting ready but not necessarily imminent.

Chchchchangeabout Thu 10-Dec-15 13:37:19

Thanks Dogsmom. Feeling tired and sick but that's no surprise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now