Talk

Advanced search

Homebirth checklist

(6 Posts)
CharmingChampignon Sat 05-Dec-15 23:05:24

I've had 2 homebirths before but a while ago so feel rusty! We have located the birht pool but need to inflate it and check for punctures. I've ordered a new liner, hose and tap adapter. I know I need a bath thermometer, waterproof for under pool and erm....

I plan to pack my 'hospital' bag as normal with added tankini and stack of towels to hand, and then pack post-birth bags for me and baby in case we need to go in.

Anything glaringly obviously missing? MW is coming this week and I'm sure will give me a nudge but I'd like to be prepared as term next week!

LibrariesgaveusP0wer Sat 05-Dec-15 23:06:38

Mine like a nice angle.poise lamp if possible. grin

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Sat 05-Dec-15 23:06:51

Sieve

CharmingChampignon Sat 05-Dec-15 23:17:16

Good thoughts - I def had both of those last time (flashback to lying on a futon being stitched by anglepoise while DH offered the new shift of midwives a cup of tea and they all chatted around me and the dog barked for the placenta....)

blackkat1978 Tue 08-Dec-15 01:59:52

I'm assuming you've got food & drinks sorted? I loved the still lemon lucozade with the sports caps. Also have you got any buckets. I had 2 in case I couldn't get out of the pool & was sick or needed to go! (Didn't use either in the end! ). How about music?

CharmingChampignon Tue 08-Dec-15 08:10:33

I need to sort food - I only wanted hula hoops last time smile I need to get in naive biscuits for mw too!

I've ordered a basic bucket and have 2 trugs from camping but need to give them a scrub.

I've never noticed background noise previously so all my hard chosen birth music went unused but I may check iPod and also sort some low lights/battery tea lights - thank you.

I think it could be nice if baby comes while fairy lights etc are all up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now