Talk

Advanced search

Following labour... TMI warning

(4 Posts)
Trace38 Sat 05-Dec-15 07:43:10

I gave birth via SVD last Sunday.nibgavebt been particularly active since but ok still getting some clotting when I go to the toilet. Is this normal? Long stringy clots when I use the loo... I feel fine, I'm just unsure how normal this is? Also how long can I expect to lose blood for?

pinguina16 Sat 05-Dec-15 08:57:34

Hi Trace
I think passing some clots might be ok but it can also be a sign of haemorrhage (as far as I know).
I would call the midwives (same number/pager you were given for pregnancy issues). If not, because it's the weekend, I would call the labour ward where you gave birth.
I hope it's nothing serious.

jamtartandcustard Sat 05-Dec-15 12:14:08

As long as none are bigger then a 50p piece then you should be fine. as for how long does the bleeding continue for .... How long is a piece of string! Last time I bled continuously for 2 weeks then spotted for another 4.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sat 05-Dec-15 12:19:47

It is normal as long as they are smaller than a 50p, no pain, smell or illness. 6 weeks of bleeding is normal but may be less and it slows down considerably.

Remember, the placenta left a wound the size of a dinner plate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now