Talk

Advanced search

cant tell the difference anymore!...

(18 Posts)
Lillylou1991 Thu 03-Dec-15 20:47:47

This might be SUCH wishful thinking but im 38 + 6 and since lunchtime this afternoon i had assumed my sudden hard bump every ten mins or so was my LO having a stretch mixed with my usual BH but now im starting to get little pains/ dull ache across my lower bump at the same time and im starting to wonder what it could be. Theyve also gotten to around 7 mins apart now.
Not a kind of pain to have me catching my breath but the tightenings are much harder than my usual BH and really rather uncomfortable and are defo stronger than an hour or so ago. If it is my LO moving around then gosh he must be tired by now but doesnt show any signs of stopping!
Am i getting my hopes up that it could be the beginnings of something?
Im like the majority, totally done being pregnant and desperatley want cuddles with my baby now!!

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 03-Dec-15 20:50:19

Sounds like it might be the start of something! Is your bag/notes all sorted and ready to go?

Tbh, I think I'd be calling the labour ward - DS made an appearance quite soon after I got similar pains to you, but my waters also went, so easier to tell.

Lillylou1991 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:38:58

Bags been packed and ready to go since 36 weeks (wasnt getting caught off guard) !!
Im tempted to give the ward a call but the pain im in isnt bad. Im still able to sit here with SIL and MIL watching ant or dec. Its just very frequent tightenings and defo cramp type pains...
I cant stop drinking iced water either. Like... ive had 3 1litre bottles since dinner confused

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 03-Dec-15 22:48:04

I had this last night. 38+5
Just niggly inconsistent pains now though. Midwife says its 'false' labour so the contractions aren't making cervix dilate, can be due to position of babe. Try to keep active

HardWorkButTheyMakeMeSmile Thu 03-Dec-15 22:48:24

Is this your first DC ?

Lillylou1991 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:56:55

sharon i think you might be right. Ive got my MW appointment at 4 tomorrow so if it doesnt pick up ill wait till i see her and bring it up.
hardwork technically no. I had a stillbirth at 36 weeks in 2013 and that was placenta abruption and pre eclampsia so didnt have any labour symptoms just a massive pv bleed

Lillylou1991 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:58:17

But the principles of second child labour still applies i guess so you never know!

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 03-Dec-15 22:59:04

Sorry to hear about that lilly xxxx
Do you have a gym ball you can bounce on? Alternatively walking the stairs sideways is said to help

Lillylou1991 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:30:08

I do deflated still in its packaging in the garage. so im going to try stairs and general walking around the house like a loonie for a bit.
I do have to be up at 6 to get DH from work so i might try and rest as well, knowing my luck itll fade out by then and i would have gotten excited for nothing!
Will check back in either in the morning if thats the case or if not later tonight -crosses fingers- grin

hartmel Thu 03-Dec-15 23:39:40

I had the same thing with my second child.. I couldn't tell the difference anymore from false labour and Braxton hicks..

But the day before she came I also drank a lot of water..

I went to bed that night and texted my mom (who we brought our son to watch while I was in the hospital) that she should have her cell phone by her bed that night because I wasn't feeling good.. At 6:30 am (That is when I felt the pain every 5 min) I texted her that we are on the way to bring our son and our daughter was born at 9:20 am

Congrats and good luck
Keep us posted

I'm sorry to hear about your still birth.. I also lost a nephew in still birth at 34 weeks

PeppasNanna Thu 03-Dec-15 23:52:07

How you doing Op?

flowers you've been through so much, sending u lots of good wishes.

spanisharmada Thu 03-Dec-15 23:56:03

My second labour pains were much MUCH less painful than my first, but I was still in no doubt that it wasn't BH.
Good luck OP

Lillylou1991 Fri 04-Dec-15 12:13:07

Hey all!
I ended up giving labour ward a call and went in for a little while. I had already guessed it was false labour but my excitement got the better of me sad they sent me home after a few hours telling me to chill for a bit then walk around the house. 'Pains are a good thing and could progress'!
So now just here with my cookies and cream kitkat sharing bar watching my bones boxset feeling a bit sorry for myself. I just want to meet my little guy so badly.

Pollyputhtekettleon Fri 04-Dec-15 21:51:32

I'm the same since 7pm ish. But I had false labour a week before my dc2 arrived so I am not taking it seriously yet. Lilly I firmly believe that a bit of false labour gets some of the hard work done in a manageable way. When labour does start, you'll have done the groundwork already.

BiscuitMillionaire Fri 04-Dec-15 21:55:38

I would call it 'warm up labour' not 'false labour' - it's your body warming up and getting ready for the real thing - as Polly says, it's not wasted.

Lillylou1991 Sat 05-Dec-15 18:39:14

Thats very reassuring actually, thank you very much girls! Ive got to keep positive these last few days so that train of thought will help xx

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 05-Dec-15 19:25:24

Yep, I'd agree with that. I had similar befire my second labour and when it actually all kicked off relatively quickly.

bittapitta Tue 22-Dec-15 16:56:04

What happened Lilly since the warm up/false labour? I've been getting mild contractions for days now, getting impatient, wondering how I'll know when real labour starts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now