Talk

Advanced search

Waters broken? Would I know?

(6 Posts)
Zamaz Fri 27-Nov-15 18:27:19

Hi all! Just after a bit of advice please!

Am 40+4 with my first baby. This morning I had a bloody show, and about 10 mins afterwards (sorry, there is no delicate way to put this - I know you're a hardy bunch in any case!) had a small (about a teaspoon) 'leak' of clear fluid with a little white mucous in it. I did wonder whether this could have been my waters? I had a shower soon afterwards so wonder if I could have had more a leak whilst in the shower and not noticed? Or could it be something related to having lost the mucous plug?

I've had nothing since, bar a little bit of (very, very) light pink slimy discharge when I've been to the loo.

I'm thinking it's unlikely my waters would have gone at the same time I had a bloody show - and surely if they had gone, I would have had more watery discharge since then?

Any thoughts / ideas welcome! I next see my midwife (for a sweep) on Sunday.

Thanks! (And apologies for overshading about bodily fluids...)

Zamaz Fri 27-Nov-15 18:29:16

*oversharing

LumpySpaceCow Fri 27-Nov-15 20:34:22

I would probably ring maternity unit and explain to them. They will advise you if they want you to go in for a check. From my experience, once your waters go, they continue to leak. It may just be watery discharge but your best off getting advice x

StompyFreckles Fri 27-Nov-15 20:38:39

Sounds like a 'show' and not like your waters. When your waters go you will know about it!!

Cabbagesandcustard Fri 27-Nov-15 20:41:47

My waters broke (a bit) 12 hours before labour started. But not a gush, more a dribble, enough to fill a sanitary towel in an hour or so. I wasn't sure - wondered initially if I had wet myself. It did have a distinctive spermy smell though.
It was only when I went to the hospital to check, that they confirmed that they had broken. Sometimes the baby's head acts as a plug, especially if it's well engaged. Professional advice is what you need!

Zamaz Sat 28-Nov-15 11:16:23

Thanks for the advice! Called the birth centre who where reassuring but not terribly helpful! Seems like it's probably just show and related discharge rather than waters. I see them tomorrow anyway so hopefully will find out more then. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now