Overdue? Grab a seat on the birth ball and a cookie

(258 Posts)
Sleepybunny Thu 26-Nov-15 16:51:18

I'm 40+2 with DC2. DM is staying to look after DD1 when the time comes.
I'm fed up, we're just milling around waiting! Bouncing on the birth ball, eatinv pineapple and planning a spicy curry for tonight.

I'm tired and grumpy. Anyone care to join me? I'm clearly a delight to be around wink

Hormonal1 Thu 26-Nov-15 19:13:04

I'll join you, I'm 39 +6 so not overdue....yet! Sweep didn't work today. Been on Mat leave for 3 weeks and bored out of my mind. Just want to meet my baby now!

SerenityReynolds Thu 26-Nov-15 19:16:39

Hello ladies, can I join? Am 39+3 so not technically overdue, but baby seems very comfy and mummy getting impatient! Have also been doing the pineapple and had a curry last night but nothing yet. Seeing midwife tomorrow so will ask for a sweep as they will only let me go to 41 weeks before induction sad. I forgot how frustrating the last few weeks are!

Sleepybunny Thu 26-Nov-15 19:23:36

Hi ladies, baby is also very comfy here too. Doen't seem to be doing a flipping thing! Other than the normal kicks etc.
i'm trying to convince myself it's because it's such a chilled out little one (obviously going to sleep through the night at 6 weekswink)

DD arrived early, so this is a bit novel, but also frustrating!

Midwife won't do a sweep until Monday confused apparently they don't really bother with second babies as they come in their own time....yeah sure.

I need to try some new methods to bring this labour on. I don't want to be induced.

strawberryandaflake Thu 26-Nov-15 19:33:12

I got my induction date today... Another two weeks! Also bouncing and on the pineapple. Can't be dealing with this any longer, especially as my sis had hers this afternoon.

SerenityReynolds Thu 26-Nov-15 19:34:03

Interestingly, the registrar told me that sweeps are generally more effective with second (and I guess third and more) babies, so fingers crossed! Had been walking loads but have come down with a cold and feel rough today, so taken it easy while DD was at nursery.

Do you ladies know if you're having boys/girls?

Loft653 Thu 26-Nov-15 19:52:59

Can I join too, 40+5 today and my little lady isn't budging! Had sweep yesterday (no effect so far!), another one will be done at 41+4 then induction booked for 41+5 (a week today, eek!)
Also doing lots of bouncing and walking!

strawberryandaflake Thu 26-Nov-15 20:27:12

Two non-id boys grin

Please no-one say 'double trouble'.

Hormonal1 Thu 26-Nov-15 20:27:30

I'm off out to buy a bouncy ball tomorrow....have tried walks, raspberry tea (yuk) but nothing yet. Next step bouncy ball and possibly a curry! I don't know what I'm having - it's our first so wanted a surprise! smile

Sleepybunny Thu 26-Nov-15 20:31:26

Interesting to see what different times sweeps/inductions are bring done at.
They seem very 'hands off' here, so might have to argue to get sweeps or maybe induced if I get desperate.

Not sure what we're having, most family are betting a boy though. I'm happy either way!

God I know I should be back on the ball, but I can't face it right now.

strawberryandaflake Thu 26-Nov-15 20:35:42

Does raspberry leaf tea actually work? What's in it that makes it work and is it bad for baby?

SerenityReynolds Thu 26-Nov-15 20:44:39

Having a surprise here too smile.

strawberry I have twin nephews and they are hard work but sooo cute together! Hope you're not feeling too enormous.

Not tried raspberry leaf tea but getting back on the ball again later <sigh>

Hormonal1 Thu 26-Nov-15 20:54:53

Not sure what makes Raspberry tea work, apparently it's very safe for baby. Tastes horrible though! :-( Hasn't worked for me!

strawberryandaflake Thu 26-Nov-15 21:39:06

Well I have a cold and can't taste anything anyway! Haha!

Sleepybunny Thu 26-Nov-15 21:54:49

I thought the tea was to make labour easier, worth a try if it mives things along too!

Strawberry! Twins! That's brilliant hope you're not too uncomfy.

strawberryandaflake Thu 26-Nov-15 22:02:18

I am HUGE!!! All upfront and housebound. I just want them out.

And wine. I want wine.

Wineandpopcorn Thu 26-Nov-15 22:09:40

38 weeks here and already had 3 sweeps shock. No signs though, currently bouncing on a ball!

Sleepybunny Thu 26-Nov-15 22:33:43

No fair!! I want a sweep. Wonder why they are reluctant to do one until I'm almost a week overdue!

Strawberry, are these your first babies? That's awsome your sister has just had a baby too.

strawberryandaflake Fri 27-Nov-15 00:00:44

Yes, first two. Was so funny when we found out because we didn't know each other had been trying! My poor dad nearly had a coronary.

brokencrayons Fri 27-Nov-15 02:54:34

40+4 with number 3 ! Absolutely sick of waiting now. I have stopped all efforts at natural induction, but will continue to walk somewhat and bounce/rock my pelvis. A crystal ball would be awesome right now. If I go into December without my baby I might just hit an all time low.

brokencrayons Fri 27-Nov-15 02:54:46

Ps induction booked for sat 5th Dec. no sweep offered

Loft653 Fri 27-Nov-15 08:39:59

I know what you mean brokencrayons - 1st Dec feels so much later than 30th Nov when you've prepared yourself for a Nov baby!
Mine was kicking loads last night, more than ever! My DH thinks she was having a leaving party, I hope so smile
Keep bouncing ladies!

strawberryandaflake Fri 27-Nov-15 10:42:32

I wasn't offered a sweep either. Hoping playing with my new nephew will release some hormones or something. I don't want a birthday so close to Christmas either. All the complaints about joint presents..!

brokencrayons Fri 27-Nov-15 14:33:08

Strawberry. The cute new baby smell might do the trick! Get sniffing your nephews head!!! grin

Sleepybunny Fri 27-Nov-15 14:43:34

Yes! Totally agree about going into December. It's looking less and less likely that baby is going to arrive soon.
Becoming more and more keen to persue an induction now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now