Talk

Advanced search

Need help-post op pregnancy

(1 Post)
Ashjade8 Sun 08-Nov-15 11:26:49

Hi, I'm 25 years old and wanting to start a family but I am scared of pregnancy and childbirth Because I had an emergency laparotomy two years ago due to a gunshot wound to the stomach. I am very lucky to be alive and only needed bowel and small intestine surgery. I lost 22cms in one area and 15 in the other. I have been told that due to my surgery I would be considered a high risk pregnancy not only for the scar ( rupture) but also inside. I haven't been given much information about the internal risks only about the scar itself.. I want to weigh up the risks that are involved as I want to fall pregnant but my family and partner do not want me risking my health again as they all have been through enough and so have I but I don't want fear to stop me from becoming a mum. Please help if you can with some of the potential risk outcomes or any personal experience. It will be much appreciated. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now