Talk

Advanced search

Cost of a private caesarean?

(7 Posts)
MamaDuckling Thu 05-Nov-15 16:51:56

Hello,

Can anyone please advise on the rough cost of a private ELCS (assuming no complications)? In London?

TIA

FluffyPersian Thu 05-Nov-15 21:17:38

Usually about £10K-£11K or so. They state about £6-7K, however each day you stay in hospital seems to be another £1K or so, plus other fees like anaesthetic etc..

Jw35 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:35:47

Why don't you just ask for one and have it for free? X

MamaDuckling Thu 05-Nov-15 22:49:44

Surely it's not that easy Jw? Would state my reasons why here, I'm not normally one to hold back... But in this case it could out me.

It's purely for practical reasons that I'm considering it. Husband likely to be relocated before the birth and this feels like the only way to guarantee a date so that he can be present...

thenewbroom Thu 05-Nov-15 23:33:04

Around £7-7,500 for OBs fees and then I would say similar for the hospital fee, maybe a bit more.
I had a VB earlier in the year - cost was around £12,500 and as Fluffy says you would usually need a couple of extra nights in for a cs.
This was at Chelsea but the costs are similar in the other main private maternity wings/hospital.

Jw35 Fri 06-Nov-15 08:09:41

That's the same reason I had a section 10 months ago. She was due at Xmas and I wanted my best friend to be there. You can request a section and have one.

eurochick Fri 06-Nov-15 08:16:00

I paid around 10k at the Westmister Suite (St Thomas').

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now