Talk

Advanced search

please tell me this is it...

(12 Posts)
Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 17:17:44

Period pains for past hour, severe heartburn and very tender uncomfortable tummy. Could this be it?

Scattymum101 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:55:44

Is the period pain coming in waves and is your bump tightening at the same time?
How far along are you? X

Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 19:01:45

Hi Scatty, no it's just constant and horrid but it seems to have stopped now after 2 horrid hours :-( bump is tightening but think it's just BH. 40 weeks x

Stampynono Wed 21-Oct-15 19:03:24

Awww it's stopped!! Hopefully will pick up again.

Although mine have been painful for a week now and my cervix is still high up and closed

Scattymum101 Wed 21-Oct-15 19:04:52

I had a lot of that kind of thing in the last few weeks. Sounds like your body is getting ready but maybe not labour just yet.

I could tell labour contractions as they had a peak then tailed off and the peak was accompanied by bump tightening x

Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 19:05:02

I know! It's been painful on and off for days but the last few hours were something else - I was excited and nervous and in lots of pain... And now I feel cheated!!!

ApplesTheHare Wed 21-Oct-15 19:08:19

A lot of people say labour pains aren't like period pains, but higher and more like stomach pains you'd get from D&V. I found that to be the case, never had anything like period pains while in labour. Probably a mix of BH and baby getting into position. Good luck flowers

Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 19:18:16

Thanks apples, that's depressing! Midwife said period pain is often the start!

Dixiechick17 Wed 21-Oct-15 19:33:35

Mine started off as perios pains, I was listening to my hypnobirthing cd and woke up towards the end because of the dull pains, my bump was tightening as well at the same time and they were around 7 mins apart, I lay in the quiet and timed the tightenings for over an hour to see if they were regular. Got up to go loo, got back into bed and my waters started going, contractions started an hour later.

So, it could be the start. Fingers crossed for you smile

Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 19:46:07

Aw thanks Dixie!

LexiLexi Wed 21-Oct-15 21:15:27

Hi Ladypug I'm 40+5 and have had period type pains for the last week or so. From what I've read, whether they are the start of labour or not depends on baby's position.

Keeping fingers crossed baby arrives very soon for you, late pregnancy is soon tiring!

Ladypug Wed 21-Oct-15 21:38:21

Ah lexi, you're ahead of me so I feel awful for complaining! Fingers crossed yours comes soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now