Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

live labour thread?!?!

(42 Posts)
Focusfocus Thu 15-Oct-15 22:46:14

Its time. Waters went in a gush at 930 pm in bed at home watching telly.

Contractions coming within an hour now - hypnoborthing tapes making me not notice any unless the midiwfe points it out. Mild pressures, very sleepy.

Watch this space and wish us luck! Am 37+3/4.

Scattymum101 Thu 15-Oct-15 22:47:06

Good luck.

Lj8893 Thu 15-Oct-15 22:47:09

Good luck! flowers

Focusfocus Thu 15-Oct-15 22:48:31

Thank you!

Mummylin Thu 15-Oct-15 22:50:24

How exciting for you, good luck

Skiptonlass Thu 15-Oct-15 22:59:47

Good luck focus! Wishing you a straightforward birth smile

Come back and update us when you're in possession of your little one...

LadyStark Thu 15-Oct-15 23:00:15

How exciting! I'm about the same pregnant as you, were you on the November thread? Your username is familiar.

Are you having a homebirth?

Focusfocus Thu 15-Oct-15 23:42:35

Right. Update.

Waters went at 9:30. Went in to get checked - got four contractions apparently in 20 minutes so things only just getting going. Cervix closed. I'm quite sleepy/dreamy so didn't really feel any of the contractions except mild pressure yet.

Back home to sleep. Anything I should do to encourage dilation? Sleep? Or ball positions stuff? Just want to listen to my hypnobirthing tapes and give in and sleep really. But if you've got suggestions shoot them at me!

Alters continuing to go. Very clear, no staining etc. baby's heartbeat was fine. We are armed with lots of water, Mars bars, lucozade and other stuff up on bedroom. Ball and tens machine also up here. Doula on call.

Anything I am forgetting?

Wish us an induction free labour please! Induction would be Saturday morning if I consented but there's plenty of time waters went about two hours ago.

Much love to the fab mumsnet team!

Lj8893 Thu 15-Oct-15 23:44:58

I would have a little sleep if your able to now whilst you can!

LadyStark Thu 15-Oct-15 23:45:30

If I were you I would get some sleep and then start the dilation encouraging activities in the morning when you are well rested.

I would then go for a walk in the morning and start the ball bouncing etc if nothing is happening.

Focusfocus Thu 15-Oct-15 23:49:41

tam will do. Drifting off now ladies smile night night, hope natures dilates Ms Cervix while I sleep she wishes

Focusfocus Fri 16-Oct-15 02:14:02

Surges (contractions) coming every 4/5 mins, lasting about 1-140 mins. Waters continuing to go in gushes and mucous plug now gone.

Tens machine on. Hypnobirthing tapes on. The surges are breathtakingly intense. No back pins, all at front. The peak of the contractions are like stupefyingly intense.

But visualising myself in my late grandmas embrace is suddenly proving very very powerful. And the audio tapes.

DH has been sparked to get some sleep. Right, another surge beginning. Off I go!

ladybird69 Fri 16-Oct-15 02:23:07

I'm awake. sounds like you're doing well and will have your little one in your arms very very soon now. sending you Blessings x

Iwasbornin1993 Fri 16-Oct-15 02:42:12

Good luck!

Focusfocus Fri 16-Oct-15 02:47:32

Thank you. My entire family is halfway across the world, sleeping, in India and I haven't woken them. So the support of the mumsnet family helps :-)

60sname Fri 16-Oct-15 03:05:38

This was me two and a half weeks ago smile . Good luck, you can do it!

OffMyAyersRocker Fri 16-Oct-15 03:18:01

How you going OP? I had a very quick labour and birth, the longest part was my waters going which just seemed to leak and leak!

You're doing amazing being able to mumsnet at a time like this smile

Good luck, l look forward to your update in the morning (night feed over now )

Strokethefurrywall Fri 16-Oct-15 03:57:08

Very best of luck OP, I had a wonderful hypnobirth with a doula with my first DS and it was lovely.
Painful but not unbearable and I was very lucky that DS1 felt fit to grace us with his presence in about 4 1/2 hours from 1st contraction.
I lay in a warm bath and vocalized all through my contractions, every time one came I would inhale to 20 really fast and then exhale to 20 really slowly whilst blowing up a blue balloon and watching it float away as the contraction passed. It really helped me.

I look forward to hearing that you little one has arrived. Wishing you a very smooth labor and delivery thanks

CoffeeAndOranges Fri 16-Oct-15 08:08:06

Exciting stuff, focus! I've seen lots of your posts over the last few months, now it's all happening! Hope it's a really positive birth experience for you and you don't have to go too long before meeting your little one. flowers

Paperblank Fri 16-Oct-15 08:19:33

Focus

Hope all is going wonderfully for you!

flowers

icklekid Fri 16-Oct-15 08:26:17

So exciting hope you are doing well and baby focus is with you soon x

Ladypug Fri 16-Oct-15 09:32:45

Thinking of you focus x

cashewnutty Fri 16-Oct-15 13:27:40

Good luck. I hope you have your baby in your arms very soon.

hearthattack Fri 16-Oct-15 14:06:11

Best of luck focus! Thinking of you and your little one. x

Focusfocus Sat 17-Oct-15 09:16:20

35 hours labour.

Gas and air. Jesus wept. The excruciating pain was something else.

Here's squish 8 lbs

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: