Talk

Advanced search

Your suggestions for hypnobirthing tracks/MP3s for labour?

(19 Posts)
Focusfocus Mon 10-Aug-15 07:23:32

Trying to have a listen to some recommended hypnobirthing tracks for labour, from earliest stages at home right through the birth centre and birth.

Can include affirmations, music, and of course spoken word. The idea is to lists and pick something before to take with us.

Thanks much ��

ShootTheMoon Mon 10-Aug-15 07:29:10

Following with interest smile

I had a lovely one with DC1 which involved visualising blowing up a balloon through contractions - it worked well for me and would love to track it down again!

coveredinsnot Mon 10-Aug-15 07:32:47

Shoot I think that's a marie mongan one? Maybe have a look online for that.

I've got the mindful hypnobirthing book and there's some good downloads on her website. I love the Katherine Graves book but the mp3s on her website are so quiet I can't hear them. Let me know if you find anything else!

thejenh Tue 11-Aug-15 03:35:56

I can highly recommend the Natal Hypnotherapy tracks. The 'Effective birth preparation' is fab. They also have a specific 'labour companion' and 'relaxing birth music'.

bakingtins Tue 11-Aug-15 03:39:42

Another vote for Natal Hypnotherapy, though I didn't listen to them when actually in labour. Ideally you listen every day for the weeks leading up to the big day.

Focusfocus Tue 11-Aug-15 08:20:13

Thanks everyone. Ive got the Natal Hypnotherapy tracks...the Effective birth prep ones ....and I have listened to them a fair few times...but something about "1, 2, 3 relax..." just isnt doing it for me. And her tone when she says "where your baby lies....". It just isn't for me.

I want something different than that so looking around a bit. Also - for labour and childbirth. Ideally something long and drawn out rather than a 20 min scripted beginning, middle and end which will not make much sense in labour which could go on.

Any ideas?

coveredinsnot Tue 11-Aug-15 11:33:05

I don't know but I'd like the same so I'd you find anything let me know!

ShootTheMoon Tue 11-Aug-15 12:33:07

Thanks so much covered - now I have a name to google, it does seem one and the same. I think I can pick up the book and CD on Amazon by the look of it. What a shame that you can't just download an mp3!

I also have a 'Rainbow Relaxation' mp3 which I have so far managed to fall asleep to (not that this seems to be a problem for use in birth) but the visualisations aren't as natural for me. Tbh I just want to go with what worked last time. Focus my experience might have been quite different, but I didn't actually listen to the tracks at all during labour, just used the visualisations to focus. I had a whole music playlist planned but in the end insisted on almost total silence - definitely remember telling the MW to turn the radio off!

ShootTheMoon Tue 11-Aug-15 12:35:09

And while googling I found this older MN link with some helpful suggestions

coveredinsnot Tue 11-Aug-15 12:42:45

I emailed Katherine Graves publisher and told them about my problems with the mp3s and they emailed me better versions! How kind!

ShootTheMoon Tue 11-Aug-15 12:46:34

that's great!

Lunastarfish Tue 11-Aug-15 21:44:32

Check out The Calm Birth School (www.thecalmbirthschool.com), they do a short free online hypno course which includes a mp3. You can pay for a more detailed course but I didn't bother

Focusfocus Wed 12-Aug-15 11:53:54

I just found some fab ones through my hypnobirthing class Wise Hippo Birthing Programme. Pity I cant share thesea s they are only for paying course attendees, but they are beautiful and work well smile

ShootTheMoon Mon 17-Aug-15 14:19:33

covered just to update to say that I found the track that worked well for me in my first birth - it's actually read by someone called Vanessa Turner, a UK hypnobirthing person. It's available for download for £5.99 here - it's the Birth Rehearsal one.

It certainly worked for me - very simple and memorable visualisation and, even though I'd listened to it fewer than 10 times, during most of which I fell asleep, I used the techniques throughout my whole birth.

coveredinsnot Mon 17-Aug-15 19:12:51

They're lovely recordings
I've downloaded two. Thanks so much.

Focusfocus Mon 17-Aug-15 21:12:07

Yes lovely. I've just downloaded abd added to my playlist!

applecore0317 Mon 17-Aug-15 21:15:50

I didn't use the hyonobirthing tracks, I just had enya instrumentals playing and focussed on my breathing. I preferred listening to something I already liked and found relaxing.

coveredinsnot Tue 18-Aug-15 07:51:06

Yes I'm finding it hard to find decent background music with no lyrics etc that I actually like. I'm going to make that my mission today!

ShootTheMoon Tue 18-Aug-15 09:29:51

covered last time I had a very well thought out playlist for birth - I put more planning into it than I did for my wedding music wink. And then got there and was completely unable to listen to anything or have any noise/talking/radio. I think I may have listened to the music during my 6 day stay in hospital though so I suppose it was useful for something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now