Talk

Advanced search

2nd induction... Help please

(5 Posts)
Someonebringmechocolate Fri 07-Aug-15 14:34:32

Hi girls
I'm due in 2 months but to be induced at 38 weeks through anxiety (dh passed away and they advised the baby is born at 38 for mental health/medical reasons )
This is dc2.. With dd I was induced at 42 weeks, and ended up with forceps as she was back to back.
At my sweeps my uterus was posterior and high. Will it be posterior again or once a child had been born does it go to the correct position?? Will there be just as much risk for intervention second time round? Any experience anyone??
Tia x

Treesandbees Fri 07-Aug-15 18:53:57

Sorry to hear about your DH. I wanted to share my story. I'm in hospital holding my 1 day old DD. She's my 2nd and I was induced at 38+5. I was also induced with my DS at 39+2. My first induction was awful, long and ended up with back to back forceps delivery and a lot of postnatal problems. This time couldn't have been more different! When I went in for induction they examined me and I was 5cm dilated without having had a contraction! They broke my waters and she arrived 3.5 hours later. Very fast transition all with gas and air. I was expecting the worst - another long delivery with intervention (especially as I was earlier)! I hope you have a better experience too xx

Someonebringmechocolate Fri 07-Aug-15 23:03:22

Aww what a lovely positive labour for you this time. How is your new dd? Will you get home soon? Many congratulations!

Treesandbees Sat 08-Aug-15 07:01:52

Were doing great thanks. Should be home today. I forgot to say in my post that she wasn't in a great position when labour started (facing sideways) but she turned and shot out so it is possible (although my DS didn't turn himself). Good luck!!

Cookie122 Sun 16-Aug-15 08:41:43

So sorry to hear about your DH. if you had a forceps delivery first time you are not likely to need one second time around! Every birth is different and people say second time is much quicker than first. Wishing you a better experience xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now