Talk

Advanced search

35 weeks, quick sharp pains in cervix .. Anybody relate?

(7 Posts)
Toothfairy7 Thu 06-Aug-15 17:44:48

Hi ladies, for the past few days I have been getting very random and very short sharp pains in cervix.. Once they're gone it's fine, but when I do get them they take my breath away and they are extremely painful. I'm thinking it's where the baby is starting to press and beginning to drop? I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow routine appt, and I am pretty sure they are part and parcel of the body preparing anyway so I'm not worried... But was really just wondering if anybody else has had these?
Only because it's always nice to share and nobody else iv spoken to seems to know what I mean grin

Buttwing Thu 06-Aug-15 19:55:20

Also known as ahem.. Fanny daggers! Awful I had it with all 4 of my dc you have my sympathy they really are painful have also heard it called lightening fanny as it's almost like a bolt of electricity .

Toothfairy7 Thu 06-Aug-15 20:17:32

Haha buttwing !!!! Thank god I'm not the only one! Iv never known anything like it so I can only gather it's where baby is resting down!!

Treesandbees Fri 07-Aug-15 18:55:12

Yes me too! I would embrace them as a good sign that the baby is getting in position and dropping!!

eepie Wed 12-Aug-15 20:45:49

I had those too when my DD's head was bashing against my cervix..happened at night whilst I was trying to get to sleep..dammit ! Disconcerting but normal...good sign that your baby is probably head down and getting engaged and into position. My DD got engaged very early but was still 10 days late though ! Good luck with it all and just take it easy...keep sitting forward (not slouching back into sofa) & keep active as much as you can so that your baby stays in good position.

coveredinsnot Thu 13-Aug-15 13:59:14

I'm 35 weeks and have been getting this too. Just pressure of baby on cervix, nothing to worry about! Although not sure if it's directly related to baby being engaged as such as mine is literally all over the place and I still get these.

FeelTheNoise Sat 15-Aug-15 23:38:11

Serious attack of the fanny daggers for me tonight! Baby has dropped and the daggers happen whenever he moves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now