Talk

Advanced search

Bath RUH VBAC course experience when you would like a planned csection?

(6 Posts)
g0ldie Tue 28-Jul-15 20:44:04

just wondering if anyone has any experience they would not mind sharing with me? Have the course in a couple of weeks the discussion about birth options in September. Starting to get a bit worried about it as the longer I go through pregnancy the more certain I am that a csection is the best route for me. Is this typically a battle at bath? Thank you.

KERALA1 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:48:17

Had a vbac at the ruh! No groups though. Decision taken for me as dd2 just was born very straightforwardly within 4 hours 5 weeks early. This was after 24 hour labour and c section for pfb.

I really wouldn't over plan personally. Births can be so different - you assume second will be like the first but mine polar opposite.

KERALA1 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:49:49

The staff lovely though (unlike hellish London hospital) so don't think they will be battling you!

g0ldie Tue 28-Jul-15 21:05:01

Thanks, that is good to know staff were great - they have been lovely so far. I had a section due to size of baby so think it is likely to follow this pattern - possibly not as big (I can hope!) but probably a bigger than average baby so likely to be same situation.

CakeInMyFace Thu 30-Jul-15 12:42:27

I had an emcs first time round and when I met with the consultant at Bath RUH at just 22 weeks she booked me in for an elcs right there and then. She just explained the risks of both and let me choose. I did have alot of complications though so maybe that's why she didn't press it.

g0ldie Thu 30-Jul-15 20:14:19

Thank you cakeinmyface for your reply. Sorry to hear you had a lot of complications. Hopefully they will do similar for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now