Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have NO signs of going into labour?

(27 Posts)
coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 20:15:18

Hi

I'm 40 + 4 qnd apart from the odd period pain a few days ago and some stabbing pains in what feels like my cervix I have had absolutely no signs of impending labour.

No plug or show or anything. Anyone else go into labour without any real warning?

I realise this is a bit of a silly question but this is my first baby and I am nervous and do not want to be induced.

Thanks

NickyEds Sun 12-Jul-15 20:23:45

Me. With ds I had no warning signs at all. I didn't develop "the waddle", no Braxton Hicks, no tightenings, no diarrhoea, no show, no burst of energy. Nothing until my waters broke-a bit like in films. This time I've had loads of pains and tightenings and BH and sleepless nights for over 2 sodding weeks and no baby.

NinjaPanda34 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:24:51

yup. me! I went in to be induced at 37+6 only to be told I was already 4cms and straight to the labour ward. No pain. Nothing!

coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 20:28:23

Wow. ninja I take it the pain started soon after though?!

And nicky that's good to know. How many weeks are you now? Good luck with everything.

MoseShrute Sun 12-Jul-15 20:29:36

Hi. I had no signs of labour. I went in to have a stretch and sweep as i was overdue and the mw nearly had a fit when she was examining me as i was 7 cm dilated. I had no pain no twinges nothing at all. I carried on dilating pain free till 10 cm. They broke my waters and then it really fucking hurt. 20 mins later ds popped out. Would have been the worlds easiest labour were it not for the 3rd degree tear

coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 20:45:13

Wow mose that's incredible! Ouch about the 3rd degree tear though. Apart from that it sounds ideal! I got a sweep booked for Wednesday so we shall see! Haha

NickyEds Sun 12-Jul-15 21:09:12

I am 24,374 weeks pregnant. Seriously. (Or 39+5 if you ask anyone else)

coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 21:17:08

Haha you sound like me. I'm totally fed up now

Buttwing Sun 12-Jul-15 21:31:42

Me with my first. No signs at all, no show, no Braxton hicks nothing . Went for a nap at 40+6 and when I got up at 3pm I switched the kettle on and had first contraction, they came regularly from then I went to hospital at 11 that night was 4cm dilated. Dd was born the next morning at 4.45.

coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 21:34:14

Did you know straight away it was a contraction buttwing?

Kraggle Sun 12-Jul-15 21:34:32

I had no signs at all until I woke up just after midnight with my first contraction.

coneywonder Sun 12-Jul-15 21:41:01

What did it feel like kraggle?

Trumpton Sun 12-Jul-15 22:16:47

Long, long time ago. DS was not due for 10 days but first sign was a bloody show and almost immediately an incredible contraction that had me on my knees. He was born 2 hours later after a fast dash to hospital 30 miles away. They cut my undercrackers off ! Born after two pushes.
DD1 was slower and more warning . Waters went at 2 pm and we hurtled off to hospital , slow , slow contractions until I went to loo at 6pm and never got back to bed as she was born after 2 pushes again.
DD2 was an early morning baby , slower again first to last of probably 4 hours but again very very fast second stage.
DH says that the hospital should have supplied a " catcher " at the foot of the bed !

alittlecloud Sun 12-Jul-15 23:38:43

i am 40+1 at present, and i have had aches and cramps, restlessness moodswings and fatigue, but they have been ongoing for weeks. No real signs at all and booked for induction on tuesday... I did however think baby had vanished yesterday morning. I knew he had engaged but my entire tummy was squishy, and i couldnt find his usual lumps anywhere for about 3 hours, and then he woke up and went back to trampling around and has returned to the front, but with squishyness at the base of my tummy.
I have been very nervous i dont know whether labour is happening or that i will never know, every time i have sex i think my waters have broken but despite my paranoia and desperate longing for him to come out of his own accord he seems to be very content in there, so tuesday it is sighs

one thing that hasn't changed is his level of activity - he is rolling, wriggling, kicking, stretching for chunks of 2 hours at a time, and then snoozing for equally long then back to what feels like excited movement. I like watching it, it calms me down especially when i keep getting asked about reduced movement. My response is always "hells no, he is a little gymnast" even so various people told me they would lessen their movements before labour, whereas others say he shouldn't lessen his movements... i just have no idea whats going on in my belly.

Buttwing Mon 13-Jul-15 17:47:35

Yes coney I did it started as a dull ache a cross between period pain and really needing a poo! Then it kind of built up a bit then tailed off. I knew straight away what it was.

Kraggle Mon 13-Jul-15 22:03:37

coney mine started as very strong period pain that then eased, for me it was unmistakable that it was the start of labour, everything pooled along nicely for me and my waters broke as I was getting up to go to the loo again about 3 hours after my contractions started.

With my contractions I couldn't stay still, I had to move, kick my legs etc as they were very intense. I had a reasonably quick labour, 7 1/2 hours from first contraction to baby.

And yy buttwing the pressure!

coneywonder Mon 13-Jul-15 22:15:30

Thanks kraggle all these experiences help!

Baffledmumtoday Tue 14-Jul-15 00:11:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Tue 14-Jul-15 00:14:34

Well, apart from the growing belly......... wink

Seriously? The first sign of my first labour was a strong contraction, at 40w5d. Before MN, I didn't know other people had 'signs' - perfectly normal not to apart from the fact you are very pregnant

TakesTwoToTango Tue 14-Jul-15 20:14:28

Yes, me! Just going about my normal day, my baby wriggled and I had a sudden gush of fluid that didn't stop. Within 30 mins I had regular period pain like aches/tightenings that came on every 5 min and by two hrs later they were full blown contractions. Baby born 10hrs after waters broke.

Dogsmom Tue 14-Jul-15 21:59:48

I'm another who didn't have a single early sign, I was convinced I was going to go past my due date then one morning at 5.30am a cramp woke me up, I thought it was my first braxton hicks and fell back to sleep only to be woken 20 minutes later by another, I then thought maybe it was an early contraction so stayed awake and sure enough had another one 20 minutes later.
I then went for a wee and there was a smear of blood on the tissue.

They got closer together and more painful and she was born 30 hours later.

Dd2 was the same although I did lose my plug after a sweep the week before she arrived. That labour also came on at 5.30am with the first contraction although they were much quicker and 2 minutes apart within an hour.

coneywonder Wed 15-Jul-15 16:06:50

Well I don't think I'm ever going into labour! Midwife attempted a sweep today at 41 weeks and cervix is still too high so she couldn't reach. Got another one booked for saturday

NickyEds Wed 15-Jul-15 18:25:40

I'm starting to wonder too coney. Lots and lots of signs and BHs but no baby. This one's going to start school still in my womb.

coneywonder Wed 15-Jul-15 18:37:54

I'm not even having any signs. No BH no plug nothing. Having the occasional period type cramp but it's certainly not painful. Fed.up.

NickyEds Wed 15-Jul-15 21:04:28

It's crap isn't it. We've had to have so many extra growth scans and she was always breech and little so we really had to plan (childcare for ds, dps work) for her to be here at 37 weeks, either early induction or section so I feel really overdue. My poor ds is spending sooooo much time playing "sitting down games" with a very boring mummysad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now