Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to bring for hospital?

(7 Posts)
squaredcircle Sat 11-Jul-15 14:48:30

Hi, our little boy is due in a couple of days and hopefully he's on time. If he is what do we bring to the hospital? And will I be allowed to stay with my girlfriend in the hospital?

GuybrushThreepwoodMightyPirate Sat 11-Jul-15 20:01:30

It really depends on which hospital and what exactly happens. If your DC is born at 3am then odds on you'll be able to stay with her. If baby is born at lunch time you'll likely be turfed out in the evening.

Lots of suggested lists of things to bring can be found by googling but mainly clothes and food for all three of you!

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 11-Jul-15 20:08:40

Mine looks something like this

Baby:
Nappies
Cotton wool
3/4 Bodysuits
3/4 Sleepsuits
Muslins
Cardigan
Blanket

You:
Labour Nightie
Nursing bras and breastpads
Pyjamas x2
A comfortable tracksuit
Socks
Slippers
Flipflops
Toiletries
Dark towels
Maternity pads 2/3 packs
Nappy bags
6/8 pairs of pants
Bin bag

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 11-Jul-15 20:10:25

Sorry posted too soon

Don't forget your phone charger.
You may want a camera, book, ipod/ipad.
Snacks for during labour.

Salmiak Sat 11-Jul-15 20:13:31

Pack some straws. Gas and air can really dry out your mouth but there is no way you can hold a cup of water and sip from it in the middle of a contraction. But it is possible for someone else to hold the cup and angle the straw into your mouth.

WeSailTonightForSingapore Sat 11-Jul-15 20:14:00

You must not forget a change of clothing for yourself as well as your gf and baby smile my husband was so nervous that he sweated buckets.

Yes, google hospital bag for lots of good ideas and have the bag ready by the door and waiting. I had two smaller bags instead of a big one.

Also keep some cash in the hospital bag. We left home in a rush and forgot our wallets. Don't bother packing a dressing gown for your gf (all the hospital bag lists recommend it) - takes up loads of space and hospital wards are too hot to wear one! A cardi will do.

Spare pyjamas for gf, or light track suit for lounging in hospital. Bleeding can be heavy so spares are important

Staying over depends from hospital to hospital. Ours allowed dads to stay between 8am and 8pm.

Snacks smile

gloria2088 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:46:14

www.essentialbagcompany.co.uk/what-to-pack-in-hospital-bag-for-baby-including-checklist i got sent this recently and friends who have just had babies found it good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now