Talk

Advanced search

July baby what to pack?

(4 Posts)
MarilynMongoose Thu 02-Jul-15 16:27:25

Going in for my third elcs on Tuesday and this time it's a summer baby. Both my ds's were winter boys and I was always used to keeping them wrapped up warm etc but have no idea what to pack for baby in hospital. Do they still expect you to put a hat, mittens and vest on the baby in July? I would say just a short sleeve baby vest is all a baby needs? It's going to be hotter than hell on that maternity ward. What shall I pack for the baby?

FernGullysWoollyPully Thu 02-Jul-15 16:31:21

I spoke to my midwife about the hospital being hotter than the fires of hell on Monday. You won't need a hat. They are not recommending them anymore. Or mittens. I'd still pack vests and sleepsuits. But I'd make the judgement call when you're there. Take some Muslins. They make a lightweight blanket for a baby only in a vest.

TheFillyjonk Thu 02-Jul-15 16:31:39

I had a baby two weeks ago when it was warm (but obviously not as warm as this vile heat!) The labour ward was bloody boiling, as you say, but they still put him in a short sleeved bodysuit, a romper, socks, mittens and a hat. He was a bit cold after birth though.

Lunastarfish Thu 02-Jul-15 22:28:05

I'm due in 10 days. I've packed hat and mittens but I am expecting not to need them. It's 'just in case'. I've packed a muslin instead of a blanket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now