Talk

Advanced search

If you'd had 2 previous sections would there be a fight to get a third, if that's what I decided?

(5 Posts)
ShimmeringCobalt Tue 30-Jun-15 20:57:35

Most recent section would have been 13 months ago when current baby is born.

With dc1 &2 I had a section (breech) and then elective with number 2 as I was adamant that I wouldn't be having anymore children.

Got pg with number 3 following a contraceptive failure and should all things go according to plan baby will be coming in January.

What is the best thing to do? Would you aim for a third section? Are there a greater number of risks? Would I be likely to have to fight for it to be agreed?

My hospital has a 33% cs rate and they push natural births and VBAC all the time, it took a lot of persuading to get the elective section agreed.

At the same time, whilst I know what I'm getting with a section, should I be aiming for a natural birth?

There will be no more children after this one as dh will be having a vasectomy.

MarinaCoyle Tue 30-Jun-15 23:10:25

I'd say you'll have less of a fight for a third section that you did with the second. Not sure of the stats but I'd imagine rare but serious complications (like uterine/scar rupture) would be more common in an attempted natural delivery after two CS rather than just one. Don't mean to be alarmist!

Iggi999 Tue 30-Jun-15 23:21:30

I would be surprised if they were keen for a vbac after two sections, I'd expect them to want you to have an elcs.

IBelieveInPink Tue 30-Jun-15 23:34:18

I think it's the other way round after 2. You'd have to push for vbac rather than push for elective.

BirdInTheRoom Tue 30-Jun-15 23:43:12

I was actively discouraged from having a vbac after 2 previous sections - no fight required at all and my c-section date was booked in at 20 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now