Talk

Advanced search

Advice?

(16 Posts)
coneywonder Tue 30-Jun-15 14:10:07

Hi ladies.

39 weeks tomorrow and I promised myself I wouldn't do this but im fed up so hoping you can tell me your labour started this way.
over past couple of weeks I've had period type pains maybe for like 20 mins at a time but yesterday morning I had quite bad back ache that seemed to ease throughout the day and I have had the same today only for past 2 hours I've had constant period type pain that seems to be getting worse.

Could this be the start of things?

plummyjam Tue 30-Jun-15 15:47:00

Sounds like it. Is the pain coming and going in any way? Does your bump go hard? Probably worth ringing your birth unit.

coneywonder Tue 30-Jun-15 17:52:16

It's coming and going now it wasn't before but has no peak to it iyswim. Not really noticed my bump going hard. Yeah I may have give them a call soon thanks for your reply

Shazza19901 Tue 30-Jun-15 21:33:22

Kim 38+4 happened to me yesterday, not agonising pain but enough to make me want to go get checked out. Turns out I'm already 2cm dialated. Could be the start of things smile good luck

coneywonder Tue 30-Jun-15 22:07:57

Thanks but all died down here now sad

lilac3033 Wed 01-Jul-15 23:26:10

I had 3 days where I had strong period like pains that came and went. It started every night at 1am and stopped by 6am! Meant I was totally knackered as I couldn't sleep through them but I think it made my active labour much quicker! Had a sweep after the 3rd night and labour properly kicked off a couple hours after that. Saying that I was 2-3cm dilated by then.

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 02:40:15

That's good to hear. I'm awake with them now it sounds quite similar!

Igottastartthinkingbee Thu 02-Jul-15 03:08:24

I had this on and off from 36 weeks....I was induced in the end! Sorry! But I'm sure those pains helped in labour because I'd be gearing up for it and got used to dealing with a certain level of pain. Good luck!

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 11:15:23

Yeah I really don't think this is the start of things they aren't contractions just period type pains. I'm destined to go over I can feel it hqha

Roseybee10 Thu 02-Jul-15 11:52:44

I had this for about two weeks at the end. Was a pain but meant active labour was only 2.5 hours as it had been doing a lot of work before hand.

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 13:06:59

Oh that gives me hope!

Igottastartthinkingbee Thu 02-Jul-15 20:02:40

Yep that's true, labour was only 4 hours after weeks of period type pains. contractions only ever really felt like period pain until the last two hours! Hope it's quick for you too

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 20:11:05

Did they bee? I have had 3 quite strong period pains in the last few hours I know that's nothing to write home about but I really don't know if I'll actually know when they are contractions despite what people say!

Roseybee10 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:34:47

I think they feel different for everyone.
My two labours were completely different as my first was back to back so contractions all down back and legs and second was in optimum position so contractions in bump and pelvis.

Igottastartthinkingbee Thu 02-Jul-15 22:38:55

Agree with Rosey, it's different for everyone. But yes mine really did just feel like low down period cramps. I didn't really think I was in labour until two hours in (only know the timing because that's the time since the pessary was put in). I think I was surprised because I was able to breathe through it, felt calm and able to cope. Not what I imagined labour to be like!! Even after that they just got stronger and I was still coping pretty well to the end. Only had a panic for 10 mins (after they made me move!). Pushing contractions feel completely different and I don't really remember them being painful. Very odd experience childbirth!! I appreciate I was very lucky to have a quick labour.

Cgow Thu 02-Jul-15 22:55:12

This sounds similar to how mine started.. I did think it was nothing at first but they got closer really quick... They went from period pains to very very severe period pains! But I genuinely didn't think I was in labour until they told me I was 6cm I was also back to back but about 6 hours after that I had my baby girl! I think everyone is different! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now