Talk

Advanced search

Losing hope...

(10 Posts)
JRWREN2110 Mon 29-Jun-15 15:06:26

Hi all smile

I just had a midwife appointment at 40+5, all checks seemed to be ok, although her heartbeat was a little lower than usual (normally 146bpm and this week 136bpm) but midwife did not seem too concerned, so hoping that is ok confused. She also tried to give me a sweep, but I have an unfavourable cervix, so she was unable to, booked in again for Wednesday and then I will also be given an induction day. I am so fed up of being pregnant, I feel miserable and I have this overwhelming feeling that I am never going to have this baby! I wish I could just go into labour, all by myself......another week of being pregnant seems like a lifetime, so I will definitely take up the offer of an induction if I get one, just to get a move on...I have had no BH, no show, no twinges....so kind of feels like my body is just rubbish!

Any hope for me?

holeinmyheart Mon 29-Jun-15 19:52:31

Come on, don't despair, a baby only stays in the womb as long as is necessary.
Relax and do stuff you need to do, las when the baby comes, you will be short of time.
Have leisurely baths, lie ins and breakfast in bed. Forget about the birth. This time next week you may be a ' mum'. You will then be dreaming about the said lie ins and breakfast in bed etc.

LongDayAlready Mon 29-Jun-15 20:07:26

I feel for you, it gets to the stage where you feel you've been pregnant forever! if it helps, I had no signs whatsoever of imminent labour with either DC1 or DC3 - no show, waters broke/were broken, but they still did come. DC3 was 9 days late in the end but before induction date.

I can appreciate it must be hard to rest up as I would imagine it's rather uncomfortable to sit/lie now. Can you manage much walking? I did a long walk the day I went into labour with DC2 including some steep stairs in woods, which was cool and MW did recommend going sideways upstairs. May well have been coincidence, will never know.

Only other suggestion would be to take yourself for a swim or two to try to cool off if you can. Just keep mobile, try to relax a bit and it will happen eventually. Oh, and try not to kill anyone who calls and asks if you've had it yet!!

Good luck! x

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Wed 01-Jul-15 15:35:26

You will definitely be having this baby grin

I can't empathise as both of mine were early and that was a PITA too but I did have my first in a heatwave too and it was so bloody uncomfortable so you have my sympathy. Swimming/aqua aerobics was bliss though, my elephant feet subsided for a few hours.

Got any NCT friends with newborns yet?

ButterflyHearts Wed 01-Jul-15 22:07:24

I feel your pain I am 40+5 and totally fed up. Hang on it there, we are so so close to holding our babies.

CityDweller Thu 02-Jul-15 14:21:17

It is miserable. I went to 40+13 and was going properly insane the last week. I declined jnduction and DD came of her own devices. Try to distract yourself and rest assured that you will be having this baby, one way or another within the next 10 days!

MeltchettsLovelyMoustache Sat 04-Jul-15 23:59:59

I went into labour the night before my induction at 41+6! Don't lose hope!

guineapig1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:51:30

Another one who went into labour at 11pm without any prior signs the night before a planned admission for induction at 7.00 the next morning. Baby popped out in less than 6 hours. Was on post natal ward in time for breakfast and home for tea time grin

guineapig1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:53:42

Sorry, forgot to say it I was 41+12 at that point, very tearful and felt like I'd been pregnant forever! But it was fine. I was told that induction is usually effective if very "overdue" even if cervix doesn't necessarily appear ready it can all change in a matter of hours. Good luck!

McDreamyMcNastyMcHottie Tue 14-Jul-15 15:55:26

Normal heart rate is 100-160bpm. The average heart rate changes all the time. Same as you or I don't have exactly the same heart rate all the time neither does your baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now